New Member - San Marino Blue E92 335i N54

Sumo

Jan 22, 2021
Hello!

Been on the forums a while lurking and enjoying good information, I thought it might be time introducing myself and my build.
I'm from Denmark in Europe. I've had my 335i for a few years now, gone through a complete rebuild and went from Titansilber to San Marino last winter.
I also rebuilt the engine after a cracked ringland 1½ years ago with upgraded parts and the ability to flow more.
I'm here to learn more, hopefully being able to optimize my tune.

_DSC8290.jpg
_DSC8355-Edit.jpg

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Very nice car! Hopefully Denmark doesn’t outlaw gas cars anytime soon! I was in Denmark on a research project many years ago. Apparently there was a 100% tax on new cars back then. Is it still the same?

Sumo

Jan 22, 2021
Very nice car! Hopefully Denmark doesn’t outlaw gas cars anytime soon! I was in Denmark on a research project many years ago. Apparently there was a 100% tax on new cars back then. Is it still the same?
Thank you very much. 😁
The danish government is doing everything they can to make people switch to electric cars.
Gas cost increase.
Increased yearly road tax (dependent on gas milage) over the last few years, from 2022 -> 2026. Base numbers from 2021 increasd by 37% by 2026.
Increased focus on tuned vehicles and insane measures against driving fast, understandable in cities. But if you get caught doing 100% the limit or 200 km/h on the highway they take the vehicle, doesn't matter if it's your brothers, mothers, leased or rented, they'll impound and sell it and money goes to the government + 30 days in jail and license suspended 3 years. Norwegian guy had his lamborghini taken a few years back, just sold a few months ago. So beware when visiting us.
If police suspects your vehicle is tuned in anyway, they're allowed to withhold it and have an authorized dealership scan it, if found it's tuned they'll impound the stuff - ECU/DP/Airfilters and such, you're not even allowed to upload a new file to the ECU.

So even though gas cars aren't outlawed yet, they're doing everything they can to make sure you pay for it, because we all know paying more money in tax means saving the environment, especially in such a small country as Denmark :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: wheela

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Wowzers! Good thing Denmark is a small country and shares a border with Germany. I guess if you need to drive fast just head over there!

Good luck and stay safe.

Reactions: wheela