XHP DCT - Experience Thread

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Yes, 1.28 bar is the practical value converted from the hex.

I don't want to derail a DCT thread, just wanted to clarify a "normal" limiter 4 with inbounds ceiling and limiter 4 from raised boost ceiling are wildly different. One you'd never notice, the other is like you ran into a wall on WOT shift, which is why no one with DCT raises it.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Has anyone here been playing with torque reduction values so he can explain what difference they felt with changing?

@carabuser You mentioned that Z4 has stock tq reduction at 175 and you are running 420 now.
@RSL Do you know by accident the Stock tq reduction value for E9x?
@RayBan Can you give us some information about the stock values of tq reduction and punch?

I started driving without changing the value and was running "stock" whatever is stock on the OTS Maps. Then I went to 600 and drove it around a bit. After I read about @carabuser post I went to 300 and then also to 420. My issue is that I probably am not sensitive enough to feel a difference and I also did not see significant changes in my logs during the shifting event. But I did not encounter any difference. Maybe the shifting sound/bang was different here and there.
One thing I recognized was the tq punch after shift changed a tad without touching the tq punch table. I set the value to 3 and it is nearly gone. My next try will be with the value 2 and I am pretty positive that it will be gone then.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
You're overthinking it. xHP put the slider there and a decent explanation of the purpose and how to choose a value.

If you have spongy shifts then bump it up. I never had spongy shifts even on the stock 35i flash so I tried to lower it a little at a time while testing other things like trying to work out when all the different shift maps are operational.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
If you have spongy shifts then bump it up.

My issue is. As a german, I am not sure what "spongy shift" means. Actually, with XHP DCT it is the first time for me that I read about this term. I guess I never have them and so this is good. But what is a spongy shift actually?

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
My issue is. As a german, I am not sure what "spongy shift" means. Actually, with XHP DCT it is the first time for me that I read about this term. I guess I never have them and so this is good. But what is a spongy shift actually?
Spongy means like soft, slow or sluggish. Not quick, hard shifts.

Reactions: JohnDaviz

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Everything works as expected even over 700whp level.
Spec: ST, 30 psi boost level, upgraded Dodson SSP clutch, oil pan, oil cooler, lightweight flywheel. Tq lim was set to 720 nm, Tq punch to 4.
Nice to see the beast is still going strong @Ncat10
Also on behalf of all people who have retrofitted DCTs on N54s and the community who benefited from your pioneering spirit we say Спасибо!

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Tq Lim 4/8 are for when the reported torque to the TCU is not what the TCU wants to be performing a shift at. Tq Lim 4 is when the TCU needs a torque decrease to shift effectively, Tq Lim 8 is when it needs a torque increase.

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
And as it manges torque on every single shift it's normal. I'm not familiar with the different DME TQ Limit outputs on N54, as i only look on it on TCU side. Maybe there is a threshold in DME whether it exposes the limiter to logging or not.

Update for Z4 is ready soon. If someone wants to get hold of the file early let us know at [email protected].

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
@RayBan Do i need to do anything for true manual mode? I was driving on manual, sport button on and dsc clicked once. Car auto shifted at 6600RPM? And why is it suddenly auto shifting in manual mode at 6.6k RPM? I changed nothing except the shiftmap editor and before that i could rev to 6.9k at least.

Latest Log:
1596037079645.png

Log Before:
1596037104837.png

Last edited:

RayBan

Corporal
Oct 27, 2016
www.rbttuning.com
Because thats where we set the shift-RPM in the OTS Map.(which you can change in the Editor)

95% of those cars are just Software or FBO and do not make any power above 6500. So if Normal-Joe flashes the OTS Maps and floors it in D or S he will be quicker. For cars making power up to 7000 or 7500 you just have to adjust the setting.

True Manual is ON in DSC OFF mode.

Reactions: doublespaces

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
But both pictures show unchanged stg3 flash. Did you change the max rpm in an update?

Okay so now i have to adjust Max RPM table i guess.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Sounds like DSC needs to be all the way off or as off as it gets (long press).

naschine

Lurker
May 2, 2019
Ride
135i N55 DCT
Is it possible to implement true manual and the fastest shifts of stage 3 with DSC still on or at least with DTC (short press)? Maybe as a flash time option as well.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Really like the creep disable feature. When I first saw people asking for it just dismissed it as being pointless but I tried it and can't go back now, it just makes sense.

v.i.335is

Private
Jan 12, 2017
I get it I think... 😃Are you referring to people complaining or people asking for other features ?

Referring to people with little to no patience.. It takes time before things can be perfect. Just like any other product that releases to the public, you'll usually have a few issues on its first outing.. lol

Reactions: DCT_JAY