New LPFP Controler

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
I have no clue what you have deleted or not deleted. But I do know that you are basically just Sticky on the other end of the spectrum and this forum might as well be bummerboost 2.0. Where is Terry from BMS? I mean he is probably the most neutral person in the N54 community but I don't see him allowed to post on here. May I ask why that is?

Disagreeing with you and calling you out isn't talking out of my ass. You can either ban me and prove my point or you can try to realize you are far from impartial and that is the reason you have the same 10 people posting here. You are just like everyone else who gets some moderator/admin authority on the internet. You made this place into an environment where people couldn't share opinions you disagree with and as a result you won't have a site in 5 years (or less). Ever notice how no one posts on bummerboost anymore? People went to that forum because it was where you could discuss things that weren't cool on E90post. Then Sticky got all authoritarian and everyone ended up over here. Now the same thing is happening to this site too. Maybe change the URL to shitposting.com because that's all the content you provide.

This site is nothing like bummerboost. Sticky is a cuck that knows nothing about what he tries to speak about. I would actually go out of my way to beat his ass on video if I were in the same state as him just for all the people he's pissed off over the years to watch him get stomped out like the little asshole he is

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Where is Terry from BMS? I mean he is probably the most neutral person in the N54 community but I don't see him allowed to post on here. May I ask why that is?

I think you should just stop right here, because this is just wrong. @Terry@BMS has never been prevented from posting here. In fact, the way it started out was Sticky told Terry to ban spoolstreet.com at n54tech and he did, until I brought it up a year later and he removed it. At no point had I ever restricted anything Terry was able to do here.

In my last post I said you were talking out of your ass. Can you please tell me where this information you're spouting off is coming from if that isn't true?

Disagreeing with you and calling you out isn't talking out of my ass. You can either ban me and prove my point or you can try to realize you are far from impartial and that is the reason you have the same 10 people posting here. You are just like everyone else who gets some moderator/admin authority on the internet. You made this place into an environment where people couldn't share opinions you disagree with and as a result you won't have a site in 5 years (or less).
I made this place into an environment where people can't share their opinions...? Hmmm. I really don't have anything to say to this, because I don't ban people for sharing their opinion. I've banned a total of three real people in two years, and they are all vendors so that doesn't match the silhouette you're trying to cast me in at all. You might want to try our Octagon | Disputes section if you're looking for opinions:
https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/forums/octagon-disputes-off-topic.44/

I've removed myself from acting as any Vendor's PR or Legal team. They are companies who make the money, they can spend their own time fighting the good fight. If something needs taken down outside of my policies, I'm happy to receive and honor those requests by way of a valid subpoena with merit. If it isn't important enough for them to go that far, it isn't for me either. Frankly, there have been too many posts for me to keep up with lately. If I'm not tagged in it specifically, most of the discussion here goes unread because I don't have the time to go through it all.

Ever notice how no one posts on bummerboost anymore? People went to that forum because it was where you could discuss things that weren't cool on E90post. Then Sticky got all authoritarian and everyone ended up over here. Now the same thing is happening to this site too. Maybe change the URL to shitposting.com because that's all the content you provide.

You talk about people going to that forum as if I don't know. I was member #400 something on that board, I was there leading the charge and was on the top 10 reputation chart before I was sent to into the negative 1000's because Sticky didn't like my opinion one day. I'm completely out of touch with that site as my account was banned and I haven't had an active account there for years.

Quite literally, the only thing you got right is about Sticky and how his site is on life support.

Would you be so kind to tell me your real name? There are a few people that don't like me. They like to talk shit behind my back, but the truth is often because I've told them to kick rocks privately.

I am probably one of the least interference administrators when it comes to spoolstreet.com. We have virtually no rules aside from personal insults and vendors interfering with other vendor's threads. Some people call it a mad house, yet you're over here saying I am moderating too much. I've been building an N54 community since 2010 and I've learned there are many people who just don't know what the fuck they are talking about and based on your last couple posts, you're one of them. You can be mad at this statement and draw some imaginary conclusions based off how you THINK you should feel about this response using your clearly distorted view of me, but the fact of the matter is you're either intentionally spreading lies, willfully ignorant or maybe you're drunk or mad at me for some other reason.

N5X Enthusiasts is moderated by a handful of people. We moderate differently there because it is a different crowd and information is consumed differently. We don't accept every post just like the radio doesn't accept every caller that wants on the air. If they tried, the radio show would be more like a shitshow. But I don't expect you to know anything about that(because you don't). Cheers.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I certainly wasn't implying that saving a few hundred bucks is my top priority, I've posted several times both here and on the FB groups where those little wallets exist that I think high quality is important which is why I've gone with several PSP products instead of their cheaper counterparts. I was an early adopter of their oil cooler because I didn't like the rankety two-oem-setup options we had, I opted for their 2" outlets on my twins instead of silicone for the same reason (despite the 2" outlets being so much of a pain to install on 1ks that I'm probably one of five cars with the setup), I went with aluminum inlets, coated bearings, put in time and research on already expensive coils to improve them, going the custom fabricated route for several things... I know you said this post wasn't only about me but using me as an example as to why some vendors run with their tails between their legs while I've spent more on my car this year than most N54's are even worth makes me a bit sore tbh. Especially when evidence of all of that is all over your forums, but I understand your reaction and have made my own frustrated posts aimed at the platform too.

I used the word "boutique" for a reason, I didn't want to say overpriced. As someone currently shopping for an intake manifold I know you're right about the options, but that doesn't mean the EoS isn't very expensive no matter how you look at it. I'm sure the quality is excellent and like I said in my other post I know they care just as much about the bling factor as the function factor which can make things pricey. EoS is one of the few vendors I actually follow on instagram, because of the quality of work they do and the new ideas they often have. Unfortunately though, I think it's easy to see why most people would rather put in the extra effort for a relocated manifold or deal with the downsides of the Chinese manifolds when you compare the different routes. No I don't know how many they sell for the S55, but I can imagine the work they put into making this manifold like I said. I was simply saying that I hope for everyone involved's sake - including EoS, so they can make more money - that this module is hopefully more accessible. I thought bringing in the manifolds price was fair because of that track record plus for the same reasons you mentioned - there's no other module like it at this point, they have no competition and they could keep it that way forever if they wanted to instead of making it a product for the N54 elite only. But when you make something lots of people want at a price that's just dangling above most people's comfort level for spending on a single piece of equipment, you're going to get people scrambling to make a more affordable option in order to cash in. EoS could potentially do both the cashing in and having an excellent quality product. I was just stating my worry that it's gonna be Turbo-money for the module, and then someone is gonna come along and scoop up half of their potential buyers by bringing a product to market that functions similarly enough for most at half the cost. Thats it, by no means was I trying to take away from the excellent work they've done. My apologies if it appeared that way, and I don't mean this post as an attack at you either but I just wanted to clarify myself both out of respect to you and EoS, and before my word is taken out of context and I have another person go all RB on me thinking I was saying something totally different.

As for the bucket thing - I don't have the insider access you and a handful of other people do unfortunately and was going off the impression I got from the information I do have. Like someone mentioned, I thought our restrictions at this point lied in things other than the lpfp side of the tank and rarely do I see people go bucketless instead of PR or equivalent if the primary reason isn't cost. I'm glad to see they aren't doing an out-of-tank pump though and I'm excited to see what it turns out as.

That's what I figured, or at least hoped. As far as I'm concerned, either way everything is good between us. I greatly appreciate the two excellent communities you provide for us, and I can see how my comment couldve been misconstrued as negative thoughts towards EoS despite my efforts to make sure it didn't come across that way, but I also greatly appreciate the work and effort that @EOSpeed has put into the platform. I myself went on a similar rant about the cheapskate group of N54 users over in the MMP built engine thread, as well as several in different comment sections of your FB page so I know where you're coming from and how frustrating it is to see certain people complain about certain things ("why do I have to pay for a flashing license AND pay for each stage of tuning in MHD? it should all be like $70, tf" NO, the amount of work initially and continually put into that app more than justifies the pricing scheme! Lol) I was just trying to state my personal opinion and hopes about the pricing even though it was unsolicited, hence why I made sure to include "that's just my unwanted 2c". I think EoS make excellent products from the look of things, I just figured it was worth mentioning the possible pitfalls of certain things since its an open forum we're in but I was not trying to discourage, discredit or detract from the work put in to this product. Even if it does come out at a higher price than what I personally would think is "objectively" reasonable (to which I have no idea right now - hopefully not a whole lot more than what the VAG equivalent option costs though at the very least) I may still purchase it if I feel it's by far the best option.

I already dislike the use of a Hobbs switch, so if this replaced the need for that and a SS controller + guaranteed I wouldn't have to worry about dropping fuel pressures due solely to a faulty module, AND it didn't cost an arm and a leg? Then you could count me in for sure. So to both to you @doublespaces , and to @EOSpeed I apologize if my previous post felt counter-productive. I genuinely look forward to what comes of this.

In short, mostly I was just venting, so my apologies if I beat your post up in the process, in hindsight that wasn't the intention. I always think companies should be given the free reign to release their products as they please so long as they are delivered as promised. I'm just happy we have any options at all and if the prices or designs aren't good, it will reflect in their bottom line which is never any skin off my back.

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
If I understand correctly this module can activate a second pump based on a DME input instead of a Hobbs switch?

This module runs both pumps all the time, and does not require a hobbs switch. The unit will run the pumps according to the input it is receiving from the DME to maintain fuel pressure.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
In short, mostly I was just venting, so my apologies if I beat your post up in the process, in hindsight that wasn't the intention. I always think companies should be given the free reign to release their products as they please so long as they are delivered as promised. I'm just happy we have any options at all and if the prices or designs aren't good, it will reflect in their bottom line which is never any skin off my back.
No worries dude, I think I was also being a bit too emotional about it due to waking up at 4am and reading it lol. I agree with you about companies and their products though - the more the merrier imo, especially when it's a unique product like this one (or the VTT shotguns, or the max PSI crankhub, or even the Harmon Technic aluminum pulley lol) and they absolutely deserve the right to price it how they want. While I do hope it's well within affordability for me personally, I'm also of the mind that if you're going to tell a company you know how to do what they're doing better, then go do it. Thats how we've gotten several vendors iirc. As for me? I'll be buying one product or another to control my fuel system lol.
This module runs both pumps all the time, and does not require a hobbs switch. The unit will run the pumps according to the input it is receiving from the DME to maintain fuel pressure.
Hmm, very interesting. Obviously we won't have to worry about that causing our pump modules to crash but how will that effect fuel temps? Can it run one at super-low voltage in order to keep them down, does it run both at lower-than-normal, or is this why you're also coming out with your own lpfp setup too?

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
No worries dude, I think I was also being a bit too emotional about it due to waking up at 4am and reading it lol. I agree with you about companies and their products though - the more the merrier imo, especially when it's a unique product like this one (or the VTT shotguns, or the max PSI crankhub, or even the Harmon Technic aluminum pulley lol) and they absolutely deserve the right to price it how they want. While I do hope it's well within affordability for me personally, I'm also of the mind that if you're going to tell a company you know how to do what they're doing better, then go do it. Thats how we've gotten several vendors iirc. As for me? I'll be buying one product or another to control my fuel system lol.
Hmm, very interesting. Obviously we won't have to worry about that causing our pump modules to crash but how will that effect fuel temps? Can it run one at super-low voltage in order to keep them down, does it run both at lower-than-normal, or is this why you're also coming out with your own lpfp setup too?

This is a PWM controller it controls the pump based on the inputs it receives from the DME. The unit runs at 10kHz adjusting the pumps as needed to meet the requirements the DME is looking for. So it can very sometimes the pumps will run 10% duty, 30% duty, 40% duty 100% duty etc... based on what is needed just like the OEM EKPM does, only it can handle more power than OE unit

• Informative
Reactions: The Banshee

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
My understanding is that it can PWM drive 2 (maybe more, depending on amperage) fuel pumps simultaneously.

The advantage to using a pulse width modulated H-bridge VS a solid state relay is that the PWM controller can vary the speed of the pump(s) depending on requested demand. (This should keep your fuel cooler)

A SSR or solid state relay, I think will cause the pumps to run at 100% all the time, putting unnecessary strain on your pumps and electrical system.

Trust me when I tell you that this will be the best fuel system available for purchase. It will probably be expensive (speculation on my part) and it will be worth every penny. I will be ordering as soon as its available.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
This is a PWM controller it controls the pump based on the inputs it receives from the DME. The unit runs at 10kHz adjusting the pumps as needed to meet the requirements the DME is looking for. So it can very sometimes the pumps will run 10% duty, 30% duty, 40% duty 100% duty etc... based on what is needed just like the OEM EKPM does, only it can handle more power than OE unit

LOL, was basically typing this same exact thing as you were posting this.

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL, was basically typing this same exact thing as you were posting this.

Right on, that is how it works! Will it be the cheapest system on the market no, are there other ways to do it sure are, but if you want proper control over your fuel system and how it reacts it will be worth the wait. Testing is going very well at the moment, but we still have a few things to work out. Like all of our products nothing is released until fully tested and proven!

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Will have an update for everyone hopefully next week. We are testing a few changes this weekend. N54 will be the first to be released, then N55 and F series cars to follow.

If we are using a stage precision raceworks woth hobbs switch l, will this get rid of the need for the hobbs?

EOSpeed

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm curious as to how you have this wired to "your" LPFP system. Are you also adding an additional PM3 to the PM4?

Right now testing with only 2 of the three pumps, until we get our current monitoring device setup. The third pump is not being used at the moment in our initial testing to dial in the system. Eventually we will add in the PM3 if necessary. This is a step by step process to prove out the products.

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Right now testing with only 2 of the three pumps, until we get our current monitoring device setup. The third pump is not being used at the moment in our initial testing to dial in the system. Eventually we will add in the PM3 if necessary. This is a step by step process to prove out the products.

One more question, will this also control port injection so that we won't need aic controller?