New LPFP Controler

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Saw this earlier today and was (and am) definitely excited, although I have to be honest, I hope it's less uhhh... "boutique" than the IM option you guys have, and more for-the-masses.
How is their intake manifold boutique? Do you keep track of how many are sold to the S55 crowd because it fits n54/n55/s55 and you are acting like there were lots of options when this manifold was designed and released. Actually, how many proper cast intake manifolds are there even today and what do they cost? You got a shitty china manifold with quality and fitment that varies wildly and then what.... ?

I understand as a company you'll do what makes *you* guys happy and I know all that R&D is costly, but when you look at the highly successful products for this platform (not to mention what AD and others have already mentioned) it seems that the easy-access-mass-sales route is best to go for everyone. But that's just my unwanted 2c

Torquebyte and eos are two different companies. You're bringing your opinion of their design choice from the intake manifold into this discussion unfairly and for very peculiar reasons, don't you think? This isn't a mass produced item you get off the Walmart shelves. The total bill of materials in the syvecs is probably a few hundred bucks. An ekpm replacement does not exist so I'm not sure why you don't just keep using a Hobbs switch if saving a few hundred bucks is most important on your scale of priorities?

I took that as the "billet fuel pump" part is them designing an out of tank fuel pump that's fed from a custom bucket, but I could be very wrong. If that is the case though, I think those are two very very different crowds - people often seem to go bucketless simply because flow:dollar is less costly vs something like the PR kit. Personally I'm hoping my bucketed-primary-bucketless-secondary will fill all the needs I have, but lots of us are looking for different things. EoS seems to like a good amount of bling along with their function, whereas I want my car to appear bone stock and generic but hit low ten's... I know I'm a weird one though.

You are wrong. Also I think you've been hanging around the broke kids of this platform for too long. There aren't many of us left but ask @Erichale77 and @LoBoost and a few others.... We actually like nicely engineered products, not the cheapest possible way to hulk 3500 pounds of German steel, and rust down the quarter mile before it catches fire.

And when I said "many people". I should have said, most people I know who aren't trying to save every penny that went with a bucket less system, no longer need to do so because the restrictions have been removed or have become moot with a proper bucket designed entirely from aluminum. Anyone eyeballing this platform wondering what to do if they want to do it all right will have this on their list.

Again if someone wants something as cheap as possible they can buy one of the many copycatted products or the ones made of plastic.

It amazes me that you get someone who actually designs something good and unique and people want to complain about the price and shit. It already happened with the maxxecu guys(and others). They offered to make an ecu and they got ran out of town by people without the money and would never have been potential customers anyway. We allow them and vote with our wallet instead of thumping chests online showing how small minded or thin walleted we.. I'm sure someone will buy it, we should welcome all original development. The business case (and risk) should be theirs to make...this is why nobody big does any work here, the number of penny pinchers who think they get to decide which market companies are allowed to cater to is staggering. The same reason these half scam shops made out of the back yards flourish and nobody even knows who they are or why their products haven't showed up at their doorstep.

Keeping product on the shelf and delivering a good service takes a real shop. We complain about our vendors a lot, let's not bitch and moan when someone makes a nice product. Just vote with your dollar if that's what you want to do.

Sorry. Venting a little bit, the platform in general has been annoying me lately. The problem is the same, the little wallets do the talking for everyone while thinking they are the big wallets...

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
The in tank billet bucketed pump set up dissipates heat better than plastic and the restriction was with the regulator side not the bucket.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Also @Panzerfaust it is worth noting that 97% of what I said isn't directed at you specifically. Just a generalized rant I have with the N54 crowd the last few years and the reason I've been putting most of my efforts toward expanding the site to other platforms, BMW and otherwise.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
If you have ever owned any EOS products you will know you pay for the quality. I’ve purchased their intake manifold and 2 PI kits from them and quality is absolutely top notch. We need more vendors like them and less like scam/ripoff artists VRSF

Reactions: matreyia

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I don't think it's necessary to turn this into a vendor fight and I wouldn't call vrsf a scam by any means. They sell goods which are created in chains and have never hid from it and that is better than selling something from china and trying to make it seem like something else.

Regardless I challenge anyone to show me a product eos has made that is shit or doesn't get delivered.

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
I don't think it's necessary to turn this into a vendor fight and I wouldn't call vrsf a scam by any means. They sell goods which are created in chains and have never hid from it and that is better than selling something from china and trying to make it seem like something else.

Regardless I challenge anyone to show me a product eos has made that is shit or doesn't get delivered.

They have never hid from it because they are protected by admins like you who probably haven’t had the pleasure of a negative experience. Anything bad posted on the forums usually disappears and people keep buying.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sshec152

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
They have never hid from it because they are protected by admins like you who probably haven’t had the pleasure of a negative experience. Anything bad posted on the forums usually disappears and people keep buying.
Oh really, you're saying I've personally deleted a negative review? I have very clear policy on that which tells me you're making blanket statements and really have no idea what that policy is. Vendors may moderate within the confines of threads started by them. I've never removed negative commentary of another vendor, that is what our octagon and disputes section is for anyway. Have you been in there? If not you're welcome to go place any complaints you have in that area and then you can come back and apologize for talking out your ass. Same goes for the other "members like you" who seem to think one thing or another.

Reactions: mfractal

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
How is their intake manifold boutique? Do you keep track of how many are sold to the S55 crowd because it fits n54/n55/s55 and you are acting like there were lots of options when this manifold was designed and released. Actually, how many proper cast intake manifolds are there even today and what do they cost? You got a shitty china manifold with quality and fitment that varies wildly and then what.... ?

Torquebyte and eos are two different companies. You're bringing your opinion of their design choice from the intake manifold into this discussion unfairly and for very peculiar reasons, don't you think? This isn't a mass produced item you get off the Walmart shelves. The total bill of materials in the syvecs is probably a few hundred bucks. An ekpm replacement does not exist so I'm not sure why you don't just keep using a Hobbs switch if saving a few hundred bucks is most important on your scale of priorities?

You are wrong. Also I think you've been hanging around the broke kids of this platform for too long. There aren't many of us left but ask @Erichale77 and @LoBoost and a few others.... We actually like nicely engineered products, not the cheapest possible way to hulk 3500 pounds of German steel, and rust down the quarter mile before it catches fire.

And when I said "many people". I should have said, most people I know who aren't trying to save every penny that went with a bucket less system, no longer need to do so because the restrictions have been removed or have become moot with a proper bucket designed entirely from aluminum. Anyone eyeballing this platform wondering what to do if they want to do it all right will have this on their list.

Again if someone wants something as cheap as possible they can buy one of the many copycatted products or the ones made of plastic.

It amazes me that you get someone who actually designs something good and unique and people want to complain about the price and shit. It already happened with the maxxecu guys(and others). They offered to make an ecu and they got ran out of town by people without the money and would never have been potential customers anyway. We allow them and vote with our wallet instead of thumping chests online showing how small minded or thin walleted we.. I'm sure someone will buy it, we should welcome all original development. The business case (and risk) should be theirs to make...this is why nobody big does any work here, the number of penny pinchers who think they get to decide which market companies are allowed to cater to is staggering. The same reason these half scam shops made out of the back yards flourish and nobody even knows who they are or why their products haven't showed up at their doorstep.

Keeping product on the shelf and delivering a good service takes a real shop. We complain about our vendors a lot, let's not bitch and moan when someone makes a nice product. Just vote with your dollar if that's what you want to do.

Sorry. Venting a little bit, the platform in general has been annoying me lately. The problem is the same, the little wallets do the talking for everyone while thinking they are the big wallets...
I certainly wasn't implying that saving a few hundred bucks is my top priority, I've posted several times both here and on the FB groups where those little wallets exist that I think high quality is important which is why I've gone with several PSP products instead of their cheaper counterparts. I was an early adopter of their oil cooler because I didn't like the rankety two-oem-setup options we had, I opted for their 2" outlets on my twins instead of silicone for the same reason (despite the 2" outlets being so much of a pain to install on 1ks that I'm probably one of five cars with the setup), I went with aluminum inlets, coated bearings, put in time and research on already expensive coils to improve them, going the custom fabricated route for several things... I know you said this post wasn't only about me but using me as an example as to why some vendors run with their tails between their legs while I've spent more on my car this year than most N54's are even worth makes me a bit sore tbh. Especially when evidence of all of that is all over your forums, but I understand your reaction and have made my own frustrated posts aimed at the platform too.

I used the word "boutique" for a reason, I didn't want to say overpriced. As someone currently shopping for an intake manifold I know you're right about the options, but that doesn't mean the EoS isn't very expensive no matter how you look at it. I'm sure the quality is excellent and like I said in my other post I know they care just as much about the bling factor as the function factor which can make things pricey. EoS is one of the few vendors I actually follow on instagram, because of the quality of work they do and the new ideas they often have. Unfortunately though, I think it's easy to see why most people would rather put in the extra effort for a relocated manifold or deal with the downsides of the Chinese manifolds when you compare the different routes. No I don't know how many they sell for the S55, but I can imagine the work they put into making this manifold like I said. I was simply saying that I hope for everyone involved's sake - including EoS, so they can make more money - that this module is hopefully more accessible. I thought bringing in the manifolds price was fair because of that track record plus for the same reasons you mentioned - there's no other module like it at this point, they have no competition and they could keep it that way forever if they wanted to instead of making it a product for the N54 elite only. But when you make something lots of people want at a price that's just dangling above most people's comfort level for spending on a single piece of equipment, you're going to get people scrambling to make a more affordable option in order to cash in. EoS could potentially do both the cashing in and having an excellent quality product. I was just stating my worry that it's gonna be Turbo-money for the module, and then someone is gonna come along and scoop up half of their potential buyers by bringing a product to market that functions similarly enough for most at half the cost. Thats it, by no means was I trying to take away from the excellent work they've done. My apologies if it appeared that way, and I don't mean this post as an attack at you either but I just wanted to clarify myself both out of respect to you and EoS, and before my word is taken out of context and I have another person go all RB on me thinking I was saying something totally different.

As for the bucket thing - I don't have the insider access you and a handful of other people do unfortunately and was going off the impression I got from the information I do have. Like someone mentioned, I thought our restrictions at this point lied in things other than the lpfp side of the tank and rarely do I see people go bucketless instead of PR or equivalent if the primary reason isn't cost. I'm glad to see they aren't doing an out-of-tank pump though and I'm excited to see what it turns out as.
Also @Panzerfaust it is worth noting that 97% of what I said isn't directed at you specifically. Just a generalized rant I have with the N54 crowd the last few years and the reason I've been putting most of my efforts toward expanding the site to other platforms, BMW and otherwise.
That's what I figured, or at least hoped. As far as I'm concerned, either way everything is good between us. I greatly appreciate the two excellent communities you provide for us, and I can see how my comment couldve been misconstrued as negative thoughts towards EoS despite my efforts to make sure it didn't come across that way, but I also greatly appreciate the work and effort that @EOSpeed has put into the platform. I myself went on a similar rant about the cheapskate group of N54 users over in the MMP built engine thread, as well as several in different comment sections of your FB page so I know where you're coming from and how frustrating it is to see certain people complain about certain things ("why do I have to pay for a flashing license AND pay for each stage of tuning in MHD? it should all be like $70, tf" NO, the amount of work initially and continually put into that app more than justifies the pricing scheme! Lol) I was just trying to state my personal opinion and hopes about the pricing even though it was unsolicited, hence why I made sure to include "that's just my unwanted 2c". I think EoS make excellent products from the look of things, I just figured it was worth mentioning the possible pitfalls of certain things since its an open forum we're in but I was not trying to discourage, discredit or detract from the work put in to this product. Even if it does come out at a higher price than what I personally would think is "objectively" reasonable (to which I have no idea right now - hopefully not a whole lot more than what the VAG equivalent option costs though at the very least) I may still purchase it if I feel it's by far the best option.

I already dislike the use of a Hobbs switch, so if this replaced the need for that and a SS controller + guaranteed I wouldn't have to worry about dropping fuel pressures due solely to a faulty module, AND it didn't cost an arm and a leg? Then you could count me in for sure. So to both to you @doublespaces , and to @EOSpeed I apologize if my previous post felt counter-productive. I genuinely look forward to what comes of this.

Last edited:

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Oh really, you're saying I've personally deleted a negative review? I have very clear policy on that which tells me you're making blanket statements and really have no idea what that policy is. Vendors may moderate within the confines of threads started by them. I've never removed negative commentary of another vendor, that is what our octagon and disputes section is for anyway. Have you been in there? If not you're welcome to go place any complaints you have in that area and then you can come back and apologize for talking out your ass. Same goes for the other "members like you" who seem to think one thing or another.

I have no clue what you have deleted or not deleted. But I do know that you are basically just Sticky on the other end of the spectrum and this forum might as well be bummerboost 2.0. Where is Terry from BMS? I mean he is probably the most neutral person in the N54 community but I don't see him allowed to post on here. May I ask why that is?

Disagreeing with you and calling you out isn't talking out of my ass. You can either ban me and prove my point or you can try to realize you are far from impartial and that is the reason you have the same 10 people posting here. You are just like everyone else who gets some moderator/admin authority on the internet. You made this place into an environment where people couldn't share opinions you disagree with and as a result you won't have a site in 5 years (or less). Ever notice how no one posts on bummerboost anymore? People went to that forum because it was where you could discuss things that weren't cool on E90post. Then Sticky got all authoritarian and everyone ended up over here. Now the same thing is happening to this site too. Maybe change the URL to shitposting.com because that's all the content you provide.

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
I have no clue what you have deleted or not deleted. But I do know that you are basically just Sticky on the other end of the spectrum and this forum might as well be bummerboost 2.0. Where is Terry from BMS? I mean he is probably the most neutral person in the N54 community but I don't see him allowed to post on here. May I ask why that is?

Disagreeing with you and calling you out isn't talking out of my ass. You can either ban me and prove my point or you can try to realize you are far from impartial and that is the reason you have the same 10 people posting here. You are just like everyone else who gets some moderator/admin authority on the internet. You made this place into an environment where people couldn't share opinions you disagree with and as a result you won't have a site in 5 years (or less). Ever notice how no one posts on bummerboost anymore? People went to that forum because it was where you could discuss things that weren't cool on E90post. Then Sticky got all authoritarian and everyone ended up over here. Now the same thing is happening to this site too. Maybe change the URL to shitposting.com because that's all the content you provide.
Woah, first of all - Terry is allowed to, and does post here. He did so like two days ago, possibly more recently too. As far as him being the most impartial person on the N54 scene... He may be more impartial than some, but he's still a vendor and still tends to push his products rather than saying stuff like "actually, MHD would suit you better". Tyler/ @doublespaces is very impartial and holds his vendors to the same expectations he holds us posters - I've seen him punish several vendors multiple times, which is why this site has less vendors than E90p or BB. The reason "the same ten people post on here over and over" is because there's only a handful of us who've been with the N54/turbo BMW scene for a long time that also prefer forums. Yes people seem to be jumping to FB groups, but one of the largest ones is owned by guess who?

Optigrab

Corporal
Sep 19, 2018
Ride
08 135i
Most probably already know this but for anyone else reading the thread this is how the stock system works.

The ECM calculates the amount of fuel required at the given point in
time and the electric fuel pump is activated as required. The total
volume required is transmitted as a message to the EKP control
module via PT-CAN.
The EKP module converts this message into an output voltage
which controls the fuel pump. The fuel pump is capable of delivering
up to 95 liters {25 gallons) per hour at a pressure of 5 bar (72.5 psi).
On turbo engine models, if the ECM detects a fault in the low
pressure fuel sensor, the fuel pump is activated to 100% or 5 bar
{72.5 psi).