Using OEM vacuum pump for crankcase scavenging

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633

I know someone else mentioned this as well... hope you see this one because I'm interested too :)
(I know i bawked at it at first, and I'm sorry I poo poo'd it)

It appears that there is a high possibility our OEM pump just vents into the timing chain area.

What about, using a separate Electric vacuum pump for the brake booster (not really sure how the twin guys would do this....),
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vo...MIuLzH3Mq84wIVCavsCh2h0Q4wEAQYASABEgJEsfD_BwE

....and then using the OEM vacuum pump to draw vacuum on the crankcase, utilizing a vacuum relief valve on the Valve cover?

A catch can/air oil separator would keep things fairly clean, and with the vacuum relief valve you could just dial in your desired pull?

Can anyone confirm that our pump does in fact vent to the timing chain area? it would be awesome to use whats already there and not have to adapt a belt drive for a GZ, Moroso etc...

JimboFresh206

Sergeant
Jan 29, 2018
Ride
335/635/535/533/633
OK cool, makes sense given the size of the pump. My GZ use's -12 and the smallest they said to use was -10.

Not to beat a dead horse, but would incorporating a VTA port with a flapper, or even your vented cap allow the excess pressure to be released. While the vacuum pump could handle the "low load" situations?

Just spit-balling ideas on how to maintain some vacuum without allowing oil into the intake.