My DSB E89 Build Thread

billj457

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
I have had my 2011 Z4 35i 6MT for a few years now so I figured I should post a build thread.. Thanks to the seemingly high concentration of E89's on this site, you all have really helped me with my build through your posts (especially @fmorelli 's spreadsheet!). I was coming from a Stage 2+ E90 335 so the N54 was not new to me, but as you all know, the E89 is a quirky bitch, haha.

PXL_20231122_205851256.jpg

Power mods include BMS DCI, BMS OE inlets, VRSF outlets, CSF intercooler, VRSF charge pipe, TiAL BOV, VRSF downpipes, VTT dual catch cans, Spec stage 2+ clutch and steel LWFW, e9x LPFP sensor, Motiv FF, Walbro 295 fuel pump, typically running an e50 blend, tuned on MHD (OTS for now). Recently dyno'd at 445 whp and 490 tq on a Dynojet (stock turbos)

Suspension and Brake mods include Eibach Prokit springs, H&R front and rear sway bars with Turner front and Garagistic rear endlinks, Rogue Engineering FTABs, RTABs, and Trans Mounts, M3 front control arms, and a Luxon strut bar. Stopping is done by S2NHA front M-Sport brakes (370mm rotors) and 35is rear brakes.

Exterior and audio mods include CF front splitter, sideskirts, trunk lip, roll hoops, and mirror caps, Apex EC7 in anthracite (18x9 front, 18x9.5 rear on 255/275 Michelin PS4S), LCI sidemarkers, black kidneys and a tow hook front license plate mount. Audio consists of a Mobridge DA2, miniDSP C-DSP 8x12, JL Audio XD600/6 powering front Match Up C42-BMWFRT.3's and Tang Band W6-1139SIF's, and a JL Audio XD400/4 powering 2 Earthquake SWS-8x's behind the seats.

I'm hoping to swap out the pro-kit springs for some Ohlins R&T coilovers in the spring. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

pbondar

Sergeant
May 30, 2020
Welcome, not a bad start on the mods but still plenty to go out!-:)

This isa good place to confide in friends and spend some real money!

I'm only up to just over 100 mods on mine..but still going strong..more to do this winter...

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Nice! I especially like the audio mods, don't see a lot of attention on that front here! I've also got a Mobridge DA-G2 Pro and some JL audio amps waiting to go in that will be the heart of my audio system - awesome unitsšŸ‘

billj457

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
Welcome, not a bad start on the mods but still plenty to go out!-:)

This isa good place to confide in friends and spend some real money!

I'm only up to just over 100 mods on mine..but still going strong..more to do this winter...
There's always more to do, haha
Nice! I especially like the audio mods, don't see a lot of attention on that front here! I've also got a Mobridge DA-G2 Pro and some JL audio amps waiting to go in that will be the heart of my audio system - awesome unitsšŸ‘
Thanks! That DA-G2 Pro looks like the combination of my DA2 and miniDSP, very nice!