how to target higher boost on selftune ?

rebuilt54

Jan 3, 2024
hey guys ! I've been self tuning my n54 335i I have the n20 tmap sensor and i can get the car to see 20 psi , but not higher even when I raise load. Been reading a lot on here about self tunes etc, but still cant figure out how to actually set the map to see 22-24 psi maybe I'm doing something wrong. i can post my bin if anyone is interested LMK. I do have boost ceiling set to 1.5 as I've read on the forums here. so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would great

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Raise load target, load limit factor and boost limit multiplier to increase the target boost. Then you need to rescale the wastegate base table to scale up to higher boost sp and maf levels.

rebuilt54

Jan 3, 2024
Raise load target, load limit factor and boost limit multiplier to increase the target boost. Then you need to rescale the wastegate base table to scale up to higher boost sp and maf levels.
thank you ! @carabuser ive read a few bit of threads here and you're always a big help ! thanks i got a few more questions ( if you don't mind) which i always had.
if i have (boost ceiling at 1.5) (LLF at 0.100 )(and blm at 3 and blm ceiling at 3) is there a limit for these values ? ive seen some threads with LLF at 0.130 and BLM at 4, would that be working in the rigth direction to my original question. I know the Maf will have to be rescaled to higher boost along with the Adder(airflow) ceiling(adder) plus with the load based tables.
thanks

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
thank you ! @carabuser ive read a few bit of threads here and you're always a big help ! thanks i got a few more questions ( if you don't mind) which i always had.
if i have (boost ceiling at 1.5) (LLF at 0.100 )(and blm at 3 and blm ceiling at 3) is there a limit for these values ? ive seen some threads with LLF at 0.130 and BLM at 4, would that be working in the rigth direction to my original question. I know the Maf will have to be rescaled to higher boost along with the Adder(airflow) ceiling(adder) plus with the load based tables.
thanks
You shouldn't see any limitation with those values.

What is the boost target currently reading in logs? Also what load are you targeting (make sure you are using the load target per gear table as that's all MHD uses)?

rebuilt54

Jan 3, 2024
You shouldn't see any limitation with those values.

What is the boost target currently reading in logs? Also what load are you targeting (make sure you are using the load target per gear table as that's all MHD uses)?
@carabuser at my current set up i have blm at 3 ,LLF at 0.130, and load target at 172 and in my logs boost target was reading at 20.5 psi
also im using the legacy XDF from the recent github files since i dont have PI or MWi and the load tables are Load Target and Load Target (AT)

Last edited:

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
@carabuser at my current set up i have blm at 3 ,LLF at 0.130, and load target at 172 and in my logs boost target was reading at 20.5 psi
also im using the legacy XDF from the recent github files since i dont have PI or MWi and the load tables are Load Target and Load Target (AT)
Increase the load target and you should see the boost target increase.