xHP DCT Flashing

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I was expecting pricing to be the same as for the other transmissions. Where are you seeing pricing for the dct? After you connect to the car(haven’t done that yet)? That really sucks if pricing is different.

has anyone tried the flash?

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
This may only interest people like me, BUT in case a few others didn't see their response on disabling the crawl/creep of the non M programming. I hope they allow for launch control with Traction Fully off as well. Or how about partially off (DTC) and fully off.

1594052127416.png

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Pricing seems high in contrast to their other offerings. But if you consider the clutch pack issues high HP cars have and differential change issues, it's not bad.

I'm also considering how much a LSD or Turbo cost as a comparison. This could be major upgrade for the DCT without replacing the DCT.

Although I really prefer the M3 GWS style and usage. I have found no real practical use for the shift logic button as it's always maxed out, all the time. I guess that's not entirely true, I usually run it at level 3 for the track as higher settings heat up the DCT on the track a lot faster. Yeah, I know, if I get around to installing a DCT cooler I wouldn't have the issue. Still, I'm okay without drive logic.

Reactions: GhostRiderCanada

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Agree. I could live without drive logic. What I can’t live without is auto shift at redline. I got excited for a second because the description for stage 3 in the app says this is removed. But I think that is text for the regular Auto, not the dct.

Reactions: Stokes

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Okay, so more complaining now.
  • I thought XHP would work with the MHD wifi adapter? Doesn't for me, I had to use a hard cable.
  • Different stages when you check through the app (non-connected) and when you connect to the car and check. I was so excited about the Stage 4 option that doesn't seem to exist.

Here are the three stages that show up for me.

Screenshot_20200706-115548.jpg

Screenshot_20200706-115540.jpg

Screenshot_20200706-115534.jpg

fosiacat

Lurker
Dec 16, 2017
Ride
2010 335i
Okay, so more complaining now.
  • I thought XHP would work with the MHD wifi adapter? Doesn't for me, I had to use a hard cable.
  • Different stages when you check through the app (non-connected) and when you connect to the car and check. I was so excited about the Stage 4 option that doesn't seem to exist.

Here are the three stages that show up for me.

View attachment 40343

View attachment 40344

View attachment 40345
wait, so can you purchase those individually? or is that part of the entire "map pack" ? I would only want stage 3.. if i can buy them individually, i'd go buy it now.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
For anyone who is interested. We created a whatsapp group which grew pretty fast during the day

Come join us. (i hope this is allowed. If not. Please delete and don´t punish me)
It's great to have it for people who don't use forums, but why not post the information on a board so people don't have to repeat themselves?

The price is high, but the market base is also small. If we want specialty work done, then we pay specialty prices. There is nobody else with these combination of skill sets who can provide this for us in a neatly packaged solution. I've spent more than that just paying people to look at BINs and trying to assist the process of getting to this point, so in my opinion, 300 bucks is cheap. The flasher is the same price and you can bring your own maps if you don't like the price of theirs, so I don't see a problem with it. I think maybe we should be more appreciative to be honest, and xHP doesn't pay me a penny.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Description sounds like all 3 in a pack.

@Stokes what was Stage 4 supposed to have?

I'm waiting for reports on custom flash before I do anything. Until someone confirms we're not stuck on stock torque requests (or TCU flash can be custom adjusted to work with non-stock) and shift farts can be disabled, their OTS maps are definitely not in contention for me.

For all the fluff, only things I'm interested in are increasing limiters/gradients and maybe shift speed OR just the FD change to run M3 software instead. It's early though, need more info.

If it weren't raining, I might've at least bought the flasher and started poking around, but I'm in no hurry. Has anyone actually purchased yet?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
It's great to have it for people who don't use forums, but why not post the information on a board so people don't have to repeat themselves?

i completely agree with you. And as i said. If it is not okay for you. Pls feel free to delete my comment. It is simply that communication has altered. Most ppl are not on forums anymore and communication is more responsive on whatsapp for example.

By no means i am trying to take away users from spoolstreet. Why should i? I luv this forum. I will still give my feedback here! And i hope others will do also so nothing has to be repeated on a daily basis on whatsapp. Its just a group for ppl with dct + xhp to chat with each other in real time.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i

The price is high, but the market base is also small. If we want specialty work done, then we pay specialty prices. There is nobody else with these combination of skill sets who can provide this for us in a neatly packaged solution. I've spent more than that just paying people to look at BINs and trying to assist the process of getting to this point, so in my opinion, 300 bucks is cheap. The flasher is the same price and you can bring your own maps if you don't like the price of theirs, so I don't see a problem with it. I think maybe we should be more appreciative to be honest, and xHP doesn't pay me a penny.
If the price is enough to put me off then it's more than enough to put casual users off which there are ten times more of. I mean most casual users pay £400 for a remap, an extra £360 for a transmission tweak is not going to sell.

I'd purchase the flasher module alone if there was possibility to build a custom map but without an XDF there is 0 value in that option currently. I'd even build the XDF if I had the DAMOS for it.

I think for the time being the 35is flash does everything I need. They've done a good job getting this far and I hope it develops into something worth buying for me.

• Agree
Reactions: RSL

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If the price is enough to put me off then it's more than enough to put casual users off which there are ten times more of. I mean most casual users pay £400 for a remap, an extra £360 for a transmission tweak is not going to sell.

I'd purchase the flasher module alone if there was possibility to build a custom map but without an XDF there is 0 value in that option currently. I'd even build the XDF if I had the DAMOS for it.

I think for the time being the 35is flash does everything I need. They've done a good job getting this far and I hope it develops into something worth buying for me.

I think you're under estimating the F80 market. Those guys have plenty of boredom money to burn on silly things, I watch it all day long. If you purchase the flasher module, we already have people here who have defined many important areas of the BIN. If you're interested to help testing, let me know and I'll give you access to the private forum where some of that is going on.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I think you're under estimating the F80 market. Those guys have plenty of boredom money to burn on silly things, I watch it all day long. If you purchase the flasher module, we already have people here who have defined many important areas of the BIN. If you're interested to help testing, let me know and I'll give you access to the private forum where some of that is going on.
Certainly interested in that 👍

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Exactly. Tuning prices can be a bit silly, but people pay it. Can't wait to see the price point on the MDCT XHP.

I didn't know anyone besides Olza had anything and only heard that a few days ago. If there's a dev thread for the TCU and tools available, sign me up.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I purchased just for line pressure although I do not have issue now it will be nice to know it's increased.

I Flashed Stage 3 because who cares about the other two. Did notice much difference, shifts are maybe a little quicker. I did do a take off in 2nd gear so that is nice. I will try and update more once I drive more.