xHP 8HP maps are out

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
xHP Pro for our business partners just got released with 8HP Support for M135i/M235i/335i/435i and 535i!

xHP Flashtool on Google Play Store for 8HP will follow on Friday!

Today our xHP Pro Partners got their hands on our first 8HP Maps, which we are very proud of! Nearly 9 months of development and mapping are now being released and pave the way to making the ZF 8-Speed even greater than it already was.

Our maps not only feature basic stuff like removing Torque Limiters and improving shift times, but they substantially change the character of the whole car.

Stage 1
=========
The Stage 1 map takes care of everything you need to have when running an engine tune on your car. If you are plagued by the dreaded 3rd and 6th gear torque limit, but want to retain 100% stock behaviour, this is the map to go.

Stage 2
=========
The Stage 2 map is a massive re-design and lets you access hidden shift programs and gives the driver maximum freedom of choice. We invested a lot of time in reversing the code and unlocking hidden gems. The redefined setup is now behaving similar like in M-Cars where you can freely configure the shift-speeds in 3 levels, no matter if you are in D, S or M mode. You can always select your preferred shift program and combine it with the speed and firmness you like. Off course the calibration is launch control enabled and adds features like staying in Sport-Mode, even with Traction Control turned off. Our Tip: Set your transmission in D+Sport for a totally new daily drive experience! Super-Fast but smooth, combined with an aggressive exhaust note during shifts + a bit of burbles on downshifts.

Stage 3
=========
The Stage 3 map has all the features of the prior Stages, but adds a bit of excitemtent to your S+SportPlus mode. Put your gear lever into S and select Sport+ with the DEC switch to be ready for maximum acceleration. This mode has only goal: Maximize acceleration and shift like a racing driver would do it. If you are engaged in roll-racing or drive on a race-track, just set your transmission to S+SportPlus and it will take care of the rest and extract maximum acceleration out of your car all the time.

Reactions: tisdrew

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Downloaded the app. Paired to my 535d. Only choice available to purchase is a $350 license. Kind of rich for an OTS map for the transmission. I decided it wasn't worth it.

Filippo

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Downloaded the app. Paired to my 535d. Only choice available to purchase is a $350 license. Kind of rich for an OTS map for the transmission. I decided it wasn't worth it.

Filippo

I would think the average enthusiast would want to at least try it out before shelling out $350. I am surprised they don't have a 'test flash' where they only make the shifting improvements in 1st and 2nd gear. Then you could at least try it out and get an idea of what you are paying for...

I am still on the fence if it is worth installing on the deleted X5.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
More feasible to make sure no games is a 60mph limiter or like on vw platform they put time limit i believe. Not sure if that's possible though

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Yeah. I know setting market price can sometimes be difficult. Profit by more sales at a lower price vs fewer sales at a higher price. That's said, a bespoke tune on this platform is typically in the price range for what they're providing for the trans as OTS. Tough for me to justify.

Filippo

Last edited:

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Do they have n63tu or n63 version coming soon ?
And for people who think it's expensive mission charges 700 for trans and 1600 engine. We're spoiled lol.