XDF Progress

Nosrok

Private
Jan 31, 2017
Tried using ALDLdroid to edit a flex fuel bin and it will load some tables incorrectly. Reached out to the app developer and it apparently has to do with the hex address for the tables having the same unique ID.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with changing the unique IDs? I've reached out to jyamona but thought about posting in here in case it's an "easy" fix.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
You should be able to change them without issue. They were duplicated due to copy / paste in the XDF for FF rather than manually adding each table via the TunerPro UI which can be painfully slow.

Nosrok

Private
Jan 31, 2017
hey @Nosrok. would you mind sharing how to get this up and running? this would be great for quick changes at the track.

make a back up
open the xdf using some kind of text editor - Word/word pad/note pad/whatever
find the table that you want to edit in ALDLdroid but isn't coming up
find the uniqueid for the table, it's right before the name of the table - <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x55E6" flags="0x30"> it will look like this
change uniqueid - For example - timing spool and timing spool E85 both use the ID 0x55E6 - I increased whatever the last number in the chain by 1 so the new id would be 0x55E7 <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x55E7" flags="0x30">
if it was a letter i would do the same - 0x55EA would turn into 0x55EB

You'll have to repeat the process on every table you want to edit but isn't working in the app. The search function will be your friend.

I'm not a programer but took some classes in HS/College and understand just enough to know It's really easy to mess something up, that's the point of making a backup to begin with, be extra careful and cautious when making any changes and if you think you made a mistake or deleted something refer to the original.

Once it's up and running it's really helpful for tweaks and adjustments at the track.

Reactions: Tuppidsay

Eson_

Nov 19, 2019
Ride
Bmw 335i
Hello i have a bmw 335i mt6 2006 just read out the bin from the car msd80 hw7583332 and im supposed to use xdf I8A0S ? But when i do the values it shows is really messed up. Maybe its a really old bin in my car and therefore its not showing correct?

// Eson

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Hello i have a bmw 335i mt6 2006 just read out the bin from the car msd80 hw7583332 and im supposed to use xdf I8A0S ? But when i do the values it shows is really messed up. Maybe its a really old bin in my car and therefore its not showing correct?

// Eson
You might have an older ROM. Try these XDF files and see if the data lines up OK.

Attachments

• MSD80 XDF.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 50

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
Once it's up and running it's really helpful for tweaks and adjustments at the track.

So funny story I hadn't used ALDLDroid in a year or so for tuning but I got it to work on an AIC2-PV for logging and real time tuning the other day on a customer's car when my laptop USB got clapped out. It's too bad more people don't use the better PI controllers on the market.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
So funny story I hadn't used ALDLDroid in a year or so for tuning but I got it to work on an AIC2-PV for logging and real time tuning the other day on a customer's car when my laptop USB got clapped out. It's too bad more people don't use the better PI controllers on the market.
Would you recommend going from an AIC1 to AIC2-V?

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
Would you recommend going from an AIC1 to AIC2-V?

Not really. It is nice in some ways, dual maps with ability to swap based on conditions (not just button), live tuning, real logging, O2 feedback, fuel pressure feedback, all pretty customizable if you want to use them in interesting ways for closed loop adjust the aic1 can't do, can trigger your second lpfp. I like that you can set it to correctly pulse the injectors multiple times per cycle and has proper deadtime and isn't much more expensive, but I wouldn't say worth upgrading if you're already set. It's still only 2 drivers, a real upgrade worth doing would have the above features and 3-6 drivers, so you can run semi sequential or full sequential.

Blaster3500

Sergeant
Nov 5, 2016
SC
Not really. It is nice in some ways, dual maps with ability to swap based on conditions (not just button), live tuning, real logging, O2 feedback, fuel pressure feedback, all pretty customizable if you want to use them in interesting ways for closed loop adjust the aic1 can't do, can trigger your second lpfp. I like that you can set it to correctly pulse the injectors multiple times per cycle and has proper deadtime and isn't much more expensive, but I wouldn't say worth upgrading if you're already set. It's still only 2 drivers, a real upgrade worth doing would have the above features and 3-6 drivers, so you can run semi sequential or full sequential.
Excellent, thank you for the information. You have the car dialed in on the AIC1 but would upgrade if there was a notable advantage.

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
Interested to see what is in here. Assume some of the VE tables, MAF->Load tables, injection window tables, fuel mass tables, others?