What is HCP?

OmarNader

Apr 27, 2020
Hello bimmers, I’d like to understand how exactly the HCP works and how does it affect the engine lifespan?
I am from Egypt and would like to know your opinions regarding whether to buy a new 1 series 118i f40 or a used 320i F30?

OmarNader

Apr 27, 2020
Hmm. I don't even know HCP stands for. Never heard of it.

Does it have a full name?
It’s a software like CRT and bootmod, it’s HC-performance. I don’t known if it works through changing the ratios of air:fuel in piston or how does it work but it raises the 118i from 140 to 180 bhp without changing parts, only a software??

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I just noticed this post. HCP is an acronym for Halim Cazimi Performance. Halim is someone who is a tuner of bootmod3 software. Its just a person/team's specific mapping configurations on an existing tuning device: bm3.

You likely don't need this information any longer, but the answer to your question is any time you increase the power output of an engine beyond what it was originally engineered for, you are theoretically speaking reducing the longevity of your engine. The more aggressive the faster you can expect that lifespan to dwindle.