WGDC Drops. Default to WGDC Base. No PID added

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
No change with the regular wgdc base table.

https://datazap.me/u/cd919/v2?log=0&data=3-6-25-30-31
upload_2018-7-13_14-48-40.png

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Your gear change shows in the log around 300rpm before it actually shifts. Is this common in logs for AT cars?

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Your gear change shows in the log around 300rpm before it actually shifts. Is this common in logs for AT cars?

Always been this way for me, especially the more power I make the longer it takes to shift. My trans is barely alive haha.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Always been this way for me, especially the more power I make the longer it takes to shift. My trans is barely alive haha.

Damn, I bet that is why LPG had a "jump" for autos. You are I8A0S correct? Want to PM me your email? I'd like to send you a few alternate ram addresses to log for gear, to find which is updated after shift is complete.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
(Sorry for the duplicate posting elsewhere):
I’ve been having this same problem in the last few weeks with my WGDC AFTER PID value suddenly going to the WGDC BASE value during a WOT pull in the mid-5,000 rpm range so my total WGDC Bank values drop 15-20 points and I lose lots of boost (like going from 22psi to 13 psi at 5,000 rpm). It’s like there is no WGDC PID correction factor being added to the base value, hence I refer to this below as “WGDC PID zeroing”.

Strangely the WGDC AFTER PID stays at the WGDC BASE value for the next series of pulls. See logs below. It seems like some kind of error flag not resetting or something. This phenomena is also replicated in both my 93 octane tune and my new custom Flex Fuel tune that’s based on this 93 octane tune.

Below are the logs. Each datazap link has three logs. The first log of each shows the WGDC AFTER PID value starting off higher than the WGDC BASE value, but then in the mid 5,000 rpm range it drops to the WGDC BASE value, like there is no additional PID amount being added to the base value. If you then look at each of the two other logs in these datazap links you’ll see WGDC AFTER PID is identical to WGDC BASE for the entire runs.

Any ideas?

Stock Turbos
MHD Custom Tune / MBoost Option / N20 TMAP
93 octane:

https://datazap.me/u/jeffman/93-oct...data=2-16-29-30-31&solo=2&zoom=23-108&mark=82
Screenshot (8).png

Flex Fuel V1.0 on July 30, 2018
93 octane (10% Ethanol)

https://datazap.me/u/jeffman/flexfuel-v10-77f-flat-dtc-3rd-gear?log=0&data=2-16-29-30-31&zoom=20-97[/QUOTE]
Screenshot (7).png

Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Looks like my load limit multi isn't stock(can't remember where I picked that up from) and my torque max is stock.

BB version 3 so wgdc 1 is inverted with wgdc after PID. I don't log wgdc 1 to avoid confusion. WGDC after pid is my final output.

See below.

View attachment 13357
MAF axis on your BLM only goes up to 328 - isn't that the stock value? Not sure if it matters since it's linearly flat and extrapolation to 500+ would still yield BLM=3.0 I have mine going up to 500.

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
I had the same issue.

Checked for boost leaks found nothing.

Lowered the blm and worked around the issue.

Recently decided to rebuild my BOV. Now it’s overboosting.

BLM is now back up where it was before.

In short - my BOVs were not able to hold the boost as the internal seals were worn.

Those things need to be service once every year or 2...

(Sorry for the duplicate posting elsewhere):
I’ve been having this same problem in the last few weeks with my WGDC AFTER PID value suddenly going to the WGDC BASE value during a WOT pull in the mid-5,000 rpm range so my total WGDC Bank values drop 15-20 points and I lose lots of boost (like going from 22psi to 13 psi at 5,000 rpm). It’s like there is no WGDC PID correction factor being added to the base value, hence I refer to this below as “WGDC PID zeroing”.

Strangely the WGDC AFTER PID stays at the WGDC BASE value for the next series of pulls. See logs below. It seems like some kind of error flag not resetting or something. This phenomena is also replicated in both my 93 octane tune and my new custom Flex Fuel tune that’s based on this 93 octane tune.

Below are the logs. Each datazap link has three logs. The first log of each shows the WGDC AFTER PID value starting off higher than the WGDC BASE value, but then in the mid 5,000 rpm range it drops to the WGDC BASE value, like there is no additional PID amount being added to the base value. If you then look at each of the two other logs in these datazap links you’ll see WGDC AFTER PID is identical to WGDC BASE for the entire runs.

Any ideas?

Stock Turbos
MHD Custom Tune / MBoost Option / N20 TMAP
93 octane:

https://datazap.me/u/jeffman/93-oct...data=2-16-29-30-31&solo=2&zoom=23-108&mark=82
View attachment 14109

Flex Fuel V1.0 on July 30, 2018
93 octane (10% Ethanol)

https://datazap.me/u/jeffman/flexfuel-v10-77f-flat-dtc-3rd-gear?log=0&data=2-16-29-30-31&zoom=20-97
View attachment 14108[/QUOTE]

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I had the same issue.

Checked for boost leaks found nothing.

Lowered the blm and worked around the issue.

Recently decided to rebuild my BOV. Now it’s overboosting.

BLM is now back up where it was before.

In short - my BOVs were not able to hold the boost as the internal seals were worn.

Those things need to be service once every year or 2...

View attachment 14108
I’m not sure if this log shows a boost leak such as due to BOV (or in my case Forge diverter valves leaking).

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
My datalogs look similiar.

And occasionally an under Boost code would show.

Anyway - no harm spending a couple of minutes dismantling the DV and getting some seals changed if necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeffman

Beemin

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Los Angeles
Anybody figure this out? I've having the exact same situation. Boost is on target with PID adding a tiny bit then it just zero's out and boost drops 3 psi. If I move base up then PID still adds and it overboosts. The difference with my logs vs what has been posted is that PID recovers within about 1000 rpm usually.

It seems like PID has learned to add on top of base and is stuck in its ways, so to speak. Anyway to reset PID adaptions? Or just try zeroing out PID's and start over?

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I still have not figured out a solution to this. PID will eventually time out and boost drops about 3 psi. If I raise base it will overboost the whole pull.

sleet142

Private
Oct 6, 2018
Ride
2008 BMW 335i
Darn. I ran into the same issue recently, but I had my wgdc very low and was using BLM to cap my boost. So in a way I did it to myself. I wish the weather wasn't so sloppy.

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Darn. I ran into the same issue recently, but I had my wgdc very low and was using BLM to cap my boost. So in a way I did it to myself. I wish the weather wasn't so sloppy.

I cap my boost using "boost ceiling", but I've had this happen both caping boost, or letting load dictate my target.

sleet142

Private
Oct 6, 2018
Ride
2008 BMW 335i
I've seen your past logs and they were square on the money in terms of boost control. I'm really curious as to why it is adding WGDC when you are already over target