Website problemos

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Still have issues posting in older threads and can't select any other themes, it keeps defaulting to dark

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Still have issues posting in older threads and can't select any other themes, it keeps defaulting to dark

The theme part is known, that isn't actually a bug. But I'm working to have that changed, the theme is just being forced for a couple different reasons.

As to why you can't post, I'll send you a PM.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Small update, I finally got a little bit more distinction added to the sticky threads. There is a title which describes the sticky area and also there is a background color:
1546078089757.png

For some reason, the background color only applies to every other sticky thread because there is some small bug going on.

The other thing you can do now is collapse the entire sticky thread section so it doesn't hog any space, just click the arrow on the right:
1546078155383.png

And then it will look like this:
1546078170840.png

By the way, if it wasn't clear, that space where it says "Thread title" that is a quick thread posting option.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
One other thing - I noticed that the reaction count seems corrupt. It shows that I've only give 6 Agree reactions, but when I click the number to see the detailed list, there's 8 pages of them. Some also show double counts on the post itself when you click "Show all". Here's one that's not just mine:
View attachment 20514

I'm fairly certain I've given more than 6 "agree" reactions, so I don't think the list is all duplicates.

It also shows me as having given and received 0 dumb ratings. If only I were so lovable to have received no dunb ratings, lol. It has 12 in the list when I click the 0, but each one is duplicated, so it looks like they are all doubled up as well.

Okay, finally getting around to the first stage of trying to resolve this. I'll likely introduce multiple bugs in the process, but we are upgrading the board tonight. This will bring back the tables that look 'corrupted' when the BBCode isn't parsed.

I was told there would be a proper solution to the double reaction count, but it looks like I may have to solve it in a more manual way or dispatch a coder to fix it systematically. Trying to find these duplicates is insanely tedious.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
@doublespaces I just logged in and noticed my theme was changed to light. I tried to manually change it to dark, but it won't change. The dark mode is so much nicer, plus gives better battery life on most devices.

Reactions: Jeffman

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Same here - I view almost exclusively on Safari on my iPhone. I prefer dark mode. I click on dark mode and it stays light mode. @doublespaces any update?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
@doublespaces I just logged in and noticed my theme was changed to light. I tried to manually change it to dark, but it won't change. The dark mode is so much nicer, plus gives better battery life on most devices.
Same here - I view almost exclusively on Safari on my iPhone. I prefer dark mode. I click on dark mode and it stays light mode. @doublespaces any update?

Can you try again? I rolled back the latest update.

Reactions: Jeffman

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
Mine auto switched back to dark, i was wondering what happened when it went light.

Also been getting an enable cookies popup from here as well, but i never changed anything. I'll let you know if it keeps popping up since the rollback.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Mine auto switched back to dark, i was wondering what happened when it went light.

Also been getting an enable cookies popup from here as well, but i never changed anything. I'll let you know if it keeps popping up since the rollback.
While you're logged in? It should only occur if you're not logged in and the most recent cookie has already expired.

DCook

Sergeant
May 25, 2018
Ride
08 BMW e92
While you're logged in? It should only occur if you're not logged in and the most recent cookie has already expired.
Yeah im always logged in. I dont think its ever logged me out. But hasnt happened until the past day or two ive gotten the notice.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Yeah im always logged in. I dont think its ever logged me out. But hasnt happened until the past day or two ive gotten the notice.

If you could grab a screenshot of the notice and you logged in at the top that would be useful.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I had to put the newest version of a particular plugin back on the site as it was generating dozens of errors every minute. I'm not sure what happened exactly but I'm having it investigated. In the meantime, I've changed the default style to be the dark theme, hopefully I don't get a bunch of people complaining it is too dark ;)

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Okay, I found a workaround and now you should be able to select the style once again. If anyone encounters the Cookie acceptance bug (while logged in already) please let me know. This should only occur while not logged in. Its a GDPR compliance issue, blame Europe.