VTT Cast/CNC Valve Cover OCC Setup

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
I recently installed a cast/CNC'd VC from VVT and wanted to post some pics of my OCC setup. I've been an advocate for years for running an external stock configuration for PCV but this new cover flows too well to run that now and honestly, I'm really liking this config now anyway. It's much simpler and should satisfy all of my requirements. I'm using a Radium OCC and some of their orb swivel fittings, which are really nice. The Radium OCC is non-directional for flow so I'm trying to use gravity a bit to help with the separation. I'll evaluate after a few hundred miles on how effective this setup is at keeping oil out of the intake pipe.

1582824556026.png

1582824602580.png

Last edited:

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I have been overwhelmed at the product page for this valve cover and routing for OCC, I will be honest.

Your setup looks great! You have it routed from valve cover to catch can and then the air/gases (minus the liquid) is routed into the intake for the turbo(s)?

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
I have been overwhelmed at the product page for this valve cover and routing for OCC, I will be honest.

Your setup looks great! You have it routed from valve cover to catch can and then the air/gases (minus the liquid) is routed into the intake for the turbo(s)?

Thanks! That's correct.

Reactions: derekgates
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ

Drop us an email, we can help. We do suggest dual cans for a setup like this. If you order the VC and dual cans. This is the configuration we suggest (file attached). We will make sure you get everything you need to route it properly.

Both can be found here. I went ahead and took a screenshot of how to configure your catch can, and attached it.

https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-modular-cast-aluminum-cnc-valve-cover-kit/
https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-modular-pcv-catch-can-ready-to-install-kits/

Attachments

• screencapture-vargasturbo-product-vtt-modular-pcv-catch-can-ready-to-install-kits-2020-02-25-0...pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Drop us an email, we can help. We do suggest dual cans for a setup like this. If you order the VC and dual cans. This is the configuration we suggest (file attached). We will make sure you get everything you need to route it properly.

Both can be found here. I went ahead and took a screenshot of how to configure your catch can, and attached it.

https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-modular-cast-aluminum-cnc-valve-cover-kit/
https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-modular-pcv-catch-can-ready-to-install-kits/

Thank you, very helpful. I remember seeing posts with this info and was unable to find it.

I see that the 'cowl must be modified', does this include the M3 cowl?

Jymmijamez

Feb 16, 2018
Denver
Ride
2009 BMW 135i
This is awesome to see, as I'm installing same VC, but with the Dual OCC setup from VTT. I really like that Radium setup you have.

The only thing missing and maybe this is something Chris@VargasTurboTech can get going, is a fix for the unsightly stock fuel rail and connections to the injectors.

Jymmijamez

Feb 16, 2018
Denver
Ride
2009 BMW 135i
huh. I like the fuel rails, but the injector wiring and plugs are indeed a nightmare.
I just think its a improvement that hasn't been addressed and would help show off the VC and provide a cleaner look for the engine bay. Hell maybe a small strip of carbon to cover it up would do the trick at least for the fuel rail itself, alternative is using the N55 mount for PR injectors. I must admit the wiring on these (R8??) coils looks extremely clean.

@AUbeast86
I just noticed the billet housing plate where the thermostat normally is, that's unique compared to the normal block off plate. Is it just a redirect to mount the oil cooler lines on the bottom of the housing?

AUbeast86

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
New Market, AL
Ride
335i e92 6MT
I just think its a improvement that hasn't been addressed and would help show off the VC and provide a cleaner look for the engine bay. Hell maybe a small strip of carbon to cover it up would do the trick at least for the fuel rail itself, alternative is using the N55 mount for PR injectors. I must admit the wiring on these (R8??) coils looks extremely clean.

@AUbeast86
I just noticed the billet housing plate where the thermostat normally is, that's unique compared to the normal block off plate. Is it just a redirect to mount the oil cooler lines on the bottom of the housing?

Thanks. I’ve had this car since February of 2011 so I’ve had a little time to get shit half way right lol but it’s been a hella expensive learning experience

It’s a Mossleman TSTAT that replaces the stock one. 185F cracking temp keeps the oil right in the sweet spot to burn off contaminates and never goes above 230F when I get stupid. I’m also running a Setrab 16 row cooler core though. The TSTAT is a bit pricey but totally worth it. It’s high quality.