Ad: VTT Cast CNC Aluminum N54 Valve Cover

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
That engine bay is gorgeous.
The only one ive seen come close was INK’s and he went quiet on the Aussie forums a while ago. (Ill see if i can dig up a pic) The more you look at the photo (of Marty’s) the more small things you notice that you didnt before. Vac canisters, wiring treatment, cowl, the brace, the power steering reservoir(damn you 1Ms) the valve cover is art(not my colour Marty sorry :)) the N54 bay is a mess from factory and say what you want about Marty (VTT fanboy :)) He does neat precise work. Onya mate!

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Thank you for noticing the little things where most just overlook or don't see it, some love the colour and some don't and I understand that and learnt a long time ago
you can please everybody but how you handle your opinion is what sets you apart from the rest. Kudos aus335iguy and I can respect that.

The n54 is a downright ugly engine and it takes a lot of effort and expense to clean it up whilst improving performance and this rocker cover just makes things a little easier.

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Its actually ink that gave me inspiration to clean up my engine bay but he still owes me a case of beer LOL.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
We may be biased but this is still one of our favorite engine bays...:)
Screenshot_20190713-215212~2.png

Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I have both, I have the pr coils on the 1m and r8's are sitting in the cupboard as all the harness plugs have split and broke in half.

There has been many fitment issues with that kit and there is a whole thread on it here somewhere, I'll end up putting them on my 335 most likely but
I'm still trying to work out what I'm going to do with all the ugly wiring.

I think pr will be bringing out new coil colours, i cant remember where the thread was posted about what colours people would like to see them in.

All I can tell you we have had no issues with the pr what so ever.

MDORPHN

Corporal
Jan 28, 2018
Ride
BMW 1M
I have both, I have the pr coils on the 1m and r8's are sitting in the cupboard as all the harness plugs have split and broke in half.

There has been many fitment issues with that kit and there is a whole thread on it here somewhere, I'll end up putting them on my 335 most likely but

I think pr will be bringing out new coil colours, i cant remember where the thread was posted about what colours people would like to see them in.

I've been running the R8s but revised the harness and it's been fine, surviving two One Lap of America and many other track days.

The other valve cover has an optional piece that braces them. Just trying to figure out how they'd work with the VTT piece.

Neil

• Informative
Reactions: SSDD and Torgus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Any issues having the R8 coils without additional support?

That's a PR kit, we ran the longer lines for a bit. It's the only upgraded coil kit we really run.
Gee I wonder why :cool:
Most reliable place to run that setup is in the cupboard, for sure.
IMHO the R8 setup in the cupboard is an attractive nuisance that would best leave the garage. You already have the formula - move the existing 1M PR's to the 335 when you buy the updated/color change PR set for the 1M. The last thing any of us need are products that cause us to chase ghost issues like crazy - ignition system is winner winner chicken dinner for that, on these cars.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the Home Depot wiring of the R8 kit either, (updated or not).

@martymil I'm waiting for you to put together a Deutsche Connector based ignition wiring subsystem ...............

Filippo

Last edited:
Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I was going to cut the plugs of and hard wire it, but since pr is going to release the new coil colours I will just transfer them onto the 335 and possibly the rocker cover as the current
plastic one has cracked and leaking oil, since I'm changing the cams I will most likely transfer this combo to the 335 and I've got an idea on doing something exotic and quite possibly just a one off for the 1m.

Its just an idea for now pending if it will be possible.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
A heads up for anyone who is sick of waiting we should have all our Cast VC's in red, and black in about 2 weeks. We have already sold 5, we ordered 25, so 20 left in various colors. ALSO, we have confirmation we can do a magnesium VC in BILLET CNC for $1900 (No it's not cheap, we are barely putting anything on top of that, they are not comfortable casting Mag currently so they only offered it to us in Billet). Immediate availability. It will weigh 1/3 less than an aluminum version so think around 6lbs, or less than a stock VC.

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Some pics of the red and black cast valve covers with a few good close ups!

As an aside, a few guys have asked if they need to remove injectors to install the valve cover. The answer is "no", but it is easier if you do remove them. I didn't when I changed my VC. Tony always removes the injectors when taking off a valve cover, but as I pointed out to him, he's also changed more injectors than anyone I know, at the last 1/2 mile event the car's injectors started acting up and he changed all of them out including coding in about 15 minutes. :laughing:

IMG_7069.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7072.JPG
IMG_7073.JPG
IMG_7074.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7076.JPG
IMG_7077.JPG
IMG_7078.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG

dreptroman

Lurker
Feb 2, 2019
Ride
E93 335i N54
I confirm the ad is pointless without proper pcv instructions.

You should list 2 3 options for us less pcv savy users :)) that means parts and all as this advances fast, meaning the options
Just double checking before I order, do you have black one in stock right now? Also could I PM you about PCV questions? Tried emailing [email protected] a few days ago, but no reply.

Reactions: Groovysapien