Expired VTT/Adaptronic M2000 ECU Upgrade: N54 Full Sequential control of Port Injection with up to 8 Injectors supported + HPFP, LPFP pump control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaneezy

Corporal
Mar 12, 2018
Ride
e90 LCI 335i
This should include the ability to remove the hard-coded rev limiter right? I want to abuse my ported head

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
No, hard coded rev limiter is full stand-alone territory.

You should make an install video and show how to code it with the software. I would buy it but i don't want to get something and not have instructions or explanations on software procedure etc.

Like this precision raceworks ignition install video just posted:

And they are gonna post an install video for their BMP port injection kit too. Btw...that is my car he is working on. Same with port injection video soon to be posted.

Only this would convince me to buy such a major purchase. The PM4 lpfp controller was arounf $750 all said and done and I got it because it was plug and play no coding. And it worked as advertised.

I appreciate doing things the right way and so I would spend the money to lay proper ground work before jumping to turbo upgrades. This is a controller... not a sexy part of the 335i upgrade path, but it is the right part before even considering turbos.

So I will wait for all instructions before purchasing.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
This is definitely not for the casual user. Customers interested in this are going to want to be hands-on with programming. The beauty of a device like this is that it's tailored to your particular needs, it's not that much different than doing your own tuning in MHD conceptually, but offers quite a bit more flexibility over the factory DME in some areas that are of particular interest to any of us racing. If you need that flexibility, chances are that you're racing and know exactly what you want the car to do -Adaptronics will then help you out with those goals.

Chris

idnan

Sep 10, 2017
Ride
2008 e92 335i
This is definitely not for the casual user. Customers interested in this are going to want to be hands-on with programming. The beauty of a device like this is that it's tailored to your particular needs, it's not that much different than doing your own tuning in MHD conceptually, but offers quite a bit more flexibility over the factory DME in some areas that are of particular interest to any of us racing. If you need that flexibility, chances are that you're racing and know exactly what you want the car to do -Adaptronics will then help you out with those goals.

Chris

Any updates on this Chris?

scrllock

Sergeant
Dec 17, 2018
Ride
2011 335xi
  • Flex fuel control with the ability to control boost/ignition/fueling based on ethanol content
It'll work with pretty much anything, it's just a question of how much end work you'd have to do. We haven't played with it on an N55 yet but there is no reason it wouldn't work.

Reasonable to assume this would allow full flex fuel on N55 then? Would be eager to see what else this could do on the e-series N55 over the current solutions.

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
Reasonable to assume this would allow full flex fuel on N55 then? Would be eager to see what else this could do on the e-series N55 over the current solutions.

Flex fuel as a piggyback integration would be somewhat limited. It could handle the additional fueling just fine, better than most controllers by an order of magnitude. Having flexfuel ability in the factory dme is still necessary for timing and afr unless you shift fully to the stand alone for ignition and remove DI completely, which isn't really the goal here (though possible). On the n54 platform this would work seamlessly with the dme flex fuel tuning that's already available.

IMO something like this is the ideal choice for people running PI and single turbos. You now have a superior controller for fueling, boost control, and lpfp that replaces the basic AIC, jb4/boostbox/turbosmart/geforce, and the fancy ekp or failure prone (and non-pwm based) Hobbs with room for meth and whatever else. It's not much more for a huge step up.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
No real updates, Tony has it on the white car which is coming back up in the queue of "awesome pain in the ass things to work on". I know he loves it for the control and ease of use, but I'll maintain this is not for the faint of heart. Very cool piece.

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
@Chris@VargasTurboTech so if I used this it would control everything except for DI which is still controlled by the DME. Does this mean I can remove all the other control modules from the car that would otherwise cause the car to go into limp mode if disconnected if the DME had 100% control? i.e. I want to remove all the comfort features and just have engine control. Curious if this would give me what I want or I'll need to go true standalone.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
@Chris@VargasTurboTech so if I used this it would control everything except for DI which is still controlled by the DME. Does this mean I can remove all the other control modules from the car that would otherwise cause the car to go into limp mode if disconnected if the DME had 100% control? i.e. I want to remove all the comfort features and just have engine control. Curious if this would give me what I want or I'll need to go true standalone.
This is a true stand alone. People use this to completely control, and run many platforms. It's extremely powerful. It will not control DI, depending on what modules you want to disconnect it may or may not work, but this is a standalone ecu.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.