Twisted Tuning X-Drive Transfer Case Mount Inserts (Group Buy)

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Ok kool, so i was looking at my hardware and one of the bolts with the kit is about 3/4in longer than the other. When the insert plates are sandwiches together, bolts inserted, and nuts threaded on, the shorter of the two bolts doesn't reach the nylock keeper of the nut. Is this appropriate or a mistake? If a mistake, what is the proper length and thread pitch of the bolt needed so that i can go to the hardware store and buy it? Thanks in advance .

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Ok kool, so i was looking at my hardware and one of the bolts with the kit is about 3/4in longer than the other. When the insert plates are sandwiches together, bolts inserted, and nuts threaded on, the shorter of the two bolts doesn't reach the nylock keeper of the nut. Is this appropriate or a mistake? If a mistake, what is the proper length and thread pitch of the bolt needed so that i can go to the hardware store and buy it? Thanks in advance .

Really? They both should be the same length.

I wonder if I accidentally stuck one went wrong in there accidentally?

1/4" coarse thread by 3" length is the size. Stainless Steel. Let me know how much it costs and ill paypal you. Unless you wante to toss in the mail to you

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Really? They both should be the same length.

I wonder if I accidentally stuck one went wrong in there accidentally?

1/4" coarse thread by 3" length is the size. Stainless Steel. Let me know how much it costs and ill paypal you. Unless you wante to toss in the mail to you

The SS bolts I use are 593c which are 100-150k psi tensile strength just for added info if you grab another locally

Reactions: Cheezy

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Anybody installed theirs yet?
I have! Very first impessions, "wow my car vibrates a lot" but i have no experience with solid mounts so i dont actually know if its alot. Did make me feel cooler because it reminded me of the older muscle cars I use to drive. I could actually tell within 10 miles that leaving from stop lights, and regular driving stops felt smoother, and the shifts arent as clunky. Definitely not a placebo effect since i know i just installed a $$$ part on my car. Real difference, fun happy difference, dont know how extreme it is since i havent launched it yet.

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
In for more reviews before I pull the trigger. So far sounds good though.

Feb 18, 2017
Ride
07 335xi sedan 6mt
I have! Very first impessions, "wow my car vibrates a lot" but i have no experience with solid mounts so i dont actually know if its alot. Did make me feel cooler because it reminded me of the older muscle cars I use to drive. I could actually tell within 10 miles that leaving from stop lights, and regular driving stops felt smoother, and the shifts arent as clunky. Definitely not a placebo effect since i know i just installed a $$$ part on my car. Real difference, fun happy difference, dont know how extreme it is since i havent launched it yet.
Ok I see. Is your car at stock idle?

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Yea raise it to 900rpm and let us know how it feels
Even if i raise it to 900 and kill vibration at idle, and its gone at light cruising, it will still be very apparent at wot. Thats just one of the things about switching to any solid mount. But i may still raise idle for research haha

Feb 18, 2017
Ride
07 335xi sedan 6mt
Even if i raise it to 900 and kill vibration at idle, and its gone at light cruising, it will still be very apparent at wot. Thats just one of the things about switching to any solid mount. But i may still raise idle for research haha
Ok kool. Are you auto or mt?

Maximum96

Private
Jul 21, 2017
How are your engine mounts?