Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
The N55 uses the MAF sensor for specific situations. Idle, part throttle and some wot situations. It's used as a check in certain situations.

Outside those situations, the MAP takes over. And the MAF is used as a bit of a sanity check. As Jake said....the DME has models and fail-safes for all sorts of things.

I took the MAF out of the whole equation. This is the right way to do it. Some will probably say....

"I've been mafless on JB4 for months"

But that's only because the JB4 autocLear's the codes that pop up associated with the MAF.

Certain codes pop up after extended use as a sanity check and cause the car to run strange as a fail-safe But when you Auto clear the codes it's reset and never gets to that point.

This is the proper way explained without getting too technical and etc.

Currently going on 800 miles of mixed driving and no issues thus far. Will be testing on some of my larger turbo clients soon as well.

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces
Jan 27, 2018
Ride
E82 135 DCT
Hi Twisted
Im doing a GTX3576R conversion on my e82 N55. Gana be using TBI and meth. I want tp do e60 and say 27 psi. How much is it for a BEF for it?

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Hi Twisted
Im doing a GTX3576R conversion on my e82 N55. Gana be using TBI and meth. I want tp do e60 and say 27 psi. How much is it for a BEF for it?

My car is DCT

Thanks for the post. In all honesty if you want to do high power on the DCT you want to drop the JB4 and go flash only. I'm assuming that you're running a JB4 due to your use of "BEF". The JB4 can work for the DCT, but its not ideal for the DCT as the DCT is very sensitive to having the proper torque values and etc sent to it. Does your TBI use an actual injector or a meth nozzle? or you running both? All my pricing is readily available on my site in the BMW section.

Jan 27, 2018
Ride
E82 135 DCT
I want to use the JB4 for boost control and the diffrent maps. Also my TBI uses 2 nozzles via a spacer. I just want to do 600whp with my DCT. Also want to use e60. I also use the Bms FSB for meth.

Reactions: niceast

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I want to use the JB4 for boost control and the diffrent maps. Also my TBI uses 2 nozzles via a spacer. I just want to do 600whp with my DCT. Also want to use e60. I also use the Bms FSB for meth.

I use the Fuel IT TBI spacer and meth

There no real maps on the JB4. Just WOT boost pressure change.

But if you want to keep the JB4. That's fine. I just always inform people.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Is a 50 rpm swing typical? I don't recall how much my idle varies by

a +/-50rpm or so fluctuation is considered normal in the car world. As the rich/lean swings (normal) influence the small fluctuation. Now once you start seeing +/- 100rpm or more for a swing, that would be something to look into.

EDIT: also, this was fresh off an adaptation reset. so thats not bad at all staying under a +/-50rpm swing

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
We are looking for 5 BETA testers in the next week or so to be a part of our testing of E-series BMW N55 adjustable launch control.

Right now we are only looking for 6MT testers with Early E-series cars.

BETA testers must be willing to log and test on a semi frequent basis and when the time comes be willing to launch their car to test effectiveness and etc.

NOTE: clutch upgrade recommended.

Email us: [email protected]
Late E and DCT are coming soon at a later date.

Shav shav

Feb 19, 2018
Ride
2012 bmw 335i xdrive n55
The N55 uses the MAF sensor for specific situations. Idle, part throttle and some wot situations. It's used as a check in certain situations.

Outside those situations, the MAP takes over. And the MAF is used as a bit of a sanity check. As Jake said....the DME has models and fail-safes for all sorts of things.

I took the MAF out of the whole equation. This is the right way to do it. Some will probably say....

But that's only because the JB4 autocLear's the codes that pop up associated with the MAF.

Certain codes pop up after extended use as a sanity check and cause the car to run strange as a fail-safe But when you Auto clear the codes it's reset and never gets to that point.

This is the proper way explained without getting too technical and etc.

Currently going on 800 miles of mixed driving and no issues thus far. Will be testing on some of my larger turbo clients soon as well.

Hey twisted or anyone could you take a look at my logs Nd tell me if you see anything off Please. https://datazap.me/u/shavoy9/bmw-2012-335i-xdrive-n55?log=1&data=3-12-27

Last edited by a moderator:

James135i

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
Florida
Sneak peek at the start of what is shooting for being the first 750+whp E-series N55. The year of the N55. Flash only tuning by us here at Twisted Tuning with MHD Flasher from MHD Tuning

DCT/GTX3583R Gen2/Direct Port Meth Injection

Stay tuned for updates....

#TwistedTuning #BMW #335i #335xi #DCT #MethInjection #MHDFlasher #Horsepower #Torque #SpoolStreet #e90post #bummerboost #N55 #Snowperformance #Directport #Carswithoutlimits

21055296_1983387658567329_8875072848920594978_o.png
Doe this car have internal or external Watergate setup? Oem boost control? I'm getting Garrett myself and not sure what I should do iwg or ewg..what would you recommend on my pwg n55? Thanks..

James135i

Lurker
Nov 7, 2016
Florida
Awesome stuff!! only small hand full of people really helping n55 community and twisted tuning plays a massive role thanks guys for the hard work and dedication for us n55 guys..

Reactions: N55uk

cookiesowns

Private
Nov 13, 2017
Ride
2010 535i ZHP6 + 2017 M2 6MT

Sent you a PM Justin.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Doe this car have internal or external Watergate setup? Oem boost control? I'm getting Garrett myself and not sure what I should do iwg or ewg..what would you recommend on my pwg n55? Thanks..

Sorry, completely missed this. But that was a PWG car. Using an aftermarket boost controller with an EWG setup.

For your own build, depending on power goal. A properly setup IWG will perform as good as EWG. Most people aren't looking at built engines to stay happily about 700-800whp so in that sense IWG would be fine.