Question for those w/ custom buckletless fuel systems

Eracer76

Private
Feb 9, 2017
Ride
2009 Z4 35i
For those of you running custom fuel systems without buckets and or using hydromats... When eliminating the Venturi system, do you somehow still keep the fuel tank balancing system functioning like normal?

I have a Z4, so there obviously isn’t anything beyond a walbro 450 replacement available. So, I’m going to try and eliminate the bucket system in favor of a big single pump w/ a hydromat attached to it... but obviously I’d like to keep the tank balancing system functional.

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
There's a jet siphon on the driver's side to transfer fuel over the driveshaft hump.

If you put one huge pump in the tank I would just delete the siphon entirely because it will be a big bottle neck. However if you delete it you'd have to put a second pickup on the drivers' side of the tank.

Eracer76

Private
Feb 9, 2017
Ride
2009 Z4 35i
Yeah, I know about the siphon pump on the driver side. It appears to be powered/supplied with fuel via a corrugated hose from the backside of the FPR, then the fuel comes back over the hump via a plastic tube that dumps into the top of the bucket. The backside of the FPR also supplies fuel to the venturi in the bucket...

Here’s a picture of the system... the black return tube from the driver side is disconnected and barely visible.