QNX Development for CIC

AstroZ

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for posting that Jim, very interesting to see how you got it work. Still very impressed :)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I agree, i think Jim is selling himself short. This is exactly the sort of thing I would like in my car and would pay good money for even today. Sure the display needs some colour. But the functionality is there. I’m impressed !

kirvedx

Sep 26, 2021
New York
www.mmod.co
Ride
2006 BMW 530 XI
I was looking into the patcher and investigating the CIC system itself when I happened on this thread that had more interesting ambitions. I just registered and introduced myself so I could dig in here - I'm going to take some time to read through everything from the start and look around but I hope to be able to dig in and contribute as an engineer.

👊

Reactions: NoQuarter

veso266

Nov 19, 2020
Hi there, probably a noob question so sorry for that

I am realy tempted to play with this gears thing: https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/qnx-development-for-cic.1821/post-16682

that @dolphin78 developed

well for start something that writes custom text and also captures input (like: You pressed X button full screen app, if someone already has something like this or I will have to figure out how to modify @dolphin78 example to write some custom text)

I am wondering if hard reboot to quit the app still works when the app is running (by holding the volume button in for 20-25 seconds continuously) if I have to kill slay -h HmiMain everytime I want to take full control of the user input)

since copie_scr.sh is my only acsess to the unit right now (no telnet or ftp uvailable) I am a bit afraid to get stuck in the app if I capture all the user input and no way to hard reboot the unit if I want everything back to normal

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards

zvahq

Mar 9, 2021
So, whats so special about it? Just aftermarket display/android or what i am missing in that video?

inotherwords

Apr 22, 2024
I doubt it's available from ch4. My understanding is ch4 is a gate to MOST bus while heated wheel button is not connected there.

There's a lot of data coming from ch5 but I don't know what that is. Could be CAN bus but I'm not familiar with the message format
Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I found it quite interesting for me. I'm curious if there's an IPC for CAN available or not?