ProTool

loopster

Oct 12, 2019
Ride
2007 BMW 328i
Can you program the steering wheel sensor on a 2007 BMW 328i? Can you program a ABS module to the VIN of a 2007 BMW 328i?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
My understanding is Pro tool can do essentially everything INPA can do. I'm not sure what kind of programming the you are trying to do exactly. But if the device takes programming then it can probably do it. @BimmerGeeks!

loopster

Oct 12, 2019
Ride
2007 BMW 328i
My understanding is Pro tool can do essentially everything INPA can do. I'm not sure what kind of programming the you are trying to do exactly. But if the device takes programming then it can probably do it. @BimmerGeeks!
I need to program an ABS module to my cars VIN. Some idiot put a used module on a 2007 BMW 328i I bought and did not code it to the vehicle.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
It's amazing to me the lack of general posts about Protools and what people are doing with it, generally speaking. Lots of commentary seems to start exactly as you have said, "my understanding ..."

I need to play with it some, but I'm still dorking around with my new Launch X431. All this stuff requires gaining nuanced experience ... so many hours in the day ...

That said Google is pretty weak on Protool stuff. My advise is to join up on Facebook BimmerGeeksProTool page ... it's active and paying attention to some of the back and forth is osmosis training.

FIlippo

loopster

Oct 12, 2019
Ride
2007 BMW 328i
It's amazing to me the lack of general posts about Protools and what people are doing with it, generally speaking. Lots of commentary seems to start exactly as you have said, "my understanding ..."

I need to play with it some, but I'm still dorking around with my new Launch X431. All this stuff requires gaining nuanced experience ... so many hours in the day ...

That said Google is pretty weak on Protool stuff. My advise is to join up on Facebook BimmerGeeksProTool page ... it's active and paying attention to some of the back and forth is osmosis training.

FIlippo
I was going to buy that Launch X431 myself, but I could not get any answers from anybody without them going around what I was trying to do. It seems nobody knows anything about their own product. I am so tired of spending hours trying to get software together only to find out that my 2007 BMW 328i E90 has the folder missing from the software. All I want to do is try and program this damn ABS module to the car. It's a act of god to do anything with a damn BMW. I got this one guy who post how to do this and how to set up the a software. He has a link to the software that the link is no longer there. Then when I ask him about it he says that I have to buy the software from him for some ungodly cost. Why would I paid a guy for software he did not design or owns. What a goof. I think that Launch X431 can program the steering wheel sensor. Which I think from what I hear I have to do because I replaced all the ABS sensors on the car. At least that's what I heard from one of these guys installing software.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
I might have a virtual image if full datens and coding environment everything
I have to check see if I still have install folder on my laptop

Last edited:

fryj00

Feb 8, 2020
I've been using ProTool for a few months now and have gotten quite a lot of experience with it. It takes some time to get used to the layout but that's any software. The big thing to note is that the main screen and all subsequent module screens all have different functions so it takes a minute to get familiar with where to find the function you're looking for.

Things I've used it for:
Raised/lowered idle in DME functions
Changed VIN on replacement junction box module (JBE)
Coded DCC enabled in DTC mode
Pulled/cleared codes
Viewed live DME data via gauges and list view

curtisgjr

Lurker
Mar 27, 2020
Protool is now garbage. I regret buying it. it has good use but know it has become a joke. When I bought it used it for coding worked fine. needed it on the road went to turn on needs to check my license. so I cant even use it . find a McDonalds use their wifi to check license worked. I understand not wanting people to steal your protocol but really now every time I turn it on I need wifi.. wtf I go to Maine and see my fam what then??? so hope someone from protocol comes up with better idea like 1 time a month link up to confirm license other than that works good