Ad: Product Release - VTT Ultimate E9/8X Rear Brake Conversion kit

Payam@BMS

Sergeant
Oct 27, 2016
Same thought. We need to get that car setup so I can have some fun with it. Hate to have something I spent $100k on over the years sitting in the corner of the office lol.

At least your car is in the warehouse, mines been sitting collecting dust outside the shop :(

I can have it done in a couple of hours at most if we have all those parts in!
We can test my wheels too since my car is here lol

• Funny
Reactions: doublespaces

Panzerfaust

Lieutenant
Jul 3, 2018
Chicago
Ride
E92 335i
Stoked to see this come out as it's likely my next upgrade, not only as a complete kit so we dont have to piece together and grind things fine but also since you guys focused on weight reduction along with offering multiple options- all things perfect for someone like me looking to hit the strip with all that I can.

Are the weld 15x10s the ONLY wheels you tested/confirmed fitment on? I'm thinking of going 10.5 wide in the back if I can, but not entirely certain at this point. Itd just be nice to know I can go 10.5 or larger in back w/o modification if I want.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Ordered with promo code and drop shipped directly to the shop to install along with my pedal box. @Chris@VargasTurboTech now design a front brake kit ideal for using with skinnies :)

Stoked to see this come out as it's likely my next upgrade, not only as a complete kit so we dont have to piece together and grind things fine but also since you guys focused on weight reduction along with offering multiple options- all things perfect for someone like me looking to hit the strip with all that I can.

Are the weld 15x10s the ONLY wheels you tested/confirmed fitment on? I'm thinking of going 10.5 wide in the back if I can, but not entirely certain at this point. Itd just be nice to know I can go 10.5 or larger in back w/o modification if I want.

These calipers have more clearance than the 328i calipers we removed. We unfortunately are not going to buy a bunch of wheels, and test for everyone. We believe these will fit just about any 15" wheel as long as you are not completely idiotic about offset/backspacing.

Last edited:

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
How does this effect brake bias? Do these have roughly the same stopping power as stock since they’re smaller rotors, but 4 piston calipers?

• Informative
Reactions: Torgus
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
How does this effect brake bias? Do these have roughly the same stopping power as stock since they’re smaller rotors, but 4 piston calipers?
Not something we tested to be completely honest. I can tell you we have run these exact calipers on many different platforms, and they perform very very well. We expect these to increasing stopping power over even stock sized rear brakes, let alone the 328i conversions. A little more rear bias would not be a bad thing on these cars IMO. We had issues stopping on some 1/2 mile runs. This should help solve that.

Reactions: The Convert
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
If you want new lines to connect to your new calipers, we have that as an option. If you want your whole car to have SS lines -which isn't a bad idea- then you should replace those too, seemingly as common sense would dictate. While in there probably want to make sure you have good brake fluid too. Hell, at some point a roll cage make sense, which sadly is also not included in this kit. I'll talk to Tony about including that. :)

Chris

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Just an update. Ultimate Brake kits for 335, and 135 are now in stock. We have two back orders we need to fill, and then we have 4 more kits on the shelf, plain, and drilled rotors. For the 135's we had to go with slotted rotors due to drilled availability.

Chris

SJ_1989

Sergeant
Aug 7, 2018
Illinoisssss
Ride
2008 E90 335i
Received my kit last Friday. Love the Wilwood calipers! Will get them installed at some point in the near future and take some pics. Won't be using the provided brake line though since I'm making all new lines front and rear.

Will pair nicely with my Tilton pedal box :)

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Received my kit last Friday. Love the Wilwood calipers! Will get them installed at some point in the near future and take some pics. Won't be using the provided brake line though since I'm making all new lines front and rear.

Will pair nicely with my Tilton pedal box :)
You can order without the lines. If you want a refund for them, just send them back, we would be happy to do that...

Alecsamp2010

Jul 18, 2021
Hello! I recently purchased this kit for my e90. Does anyone have any pictures on how the two supplied brackets goes on each side?? Thank you. Ready to get these bad boys on. Is there any trimming of anything as well?

thank you

Attachments

• 4AF36CF8-8703-4272-B21D-1A6D33927220.jpeg
    4AF36CF8-8703-4272-B21D-1A6D33927220.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 11

Silent11

Corporal
Oct 31, 2018
Ride
2007 Bmw 335i
So what is the go to kit now for cutting weight in the back and fitting 15s ? X1 rotors ? e9x 328i Calipers ? Any better combo out there ? I see that the VTT kit is backordered so looking for other solutions.