no start..

denobd

Lurker
Sep 22, 2018
Ride
535i
good morning guys.. back again. someone please help me figure this out.. so couple weeks ago had a ekpm3 that failed. car would not start. had to replace it anyway so in preperation for the new upgraded twins i got i decided to just upgrade the whole fuel system.

brand new EOS fuel pump controller
brand new spool performance LPFP
brand new FCP euro HPFP
brand new index 12 injectors.

car started and ran for about 5 min then died. now cranks but wont start at all. and is throwing these codes..

29f2-dme:fuel-high pressure system
2a2d-dme:fuel-low pressure system.

any help would be great..

dpaul

Jan 8, 2019
Ride
2009 E90 335xi, 2011 E93 M3
It is often a mistake to change too many variables at one time. You can do what NoGuru suggested because it's not very difficult.

But here are two simpler approaches 1) use INPA to directly monitor LPFP or 2) just listen for the typical pump priming sound from the LPFP when you unlock the car or open a door. That Spool LPFP should make a noise easily discernable standing outside the vehicle without removing the rear seat or anything else I'll predict you don't hear the pump i.e. the LFPF is not being activated. This could reflect a faulty component but is more likely an electrical problem that you've created for yourself by forgetting or misconnecting a wire/plug to the new LPFP or EKP substitute. I'd concentrate my troubleshooting effort on those components.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I actually had a refurbished pump go bad after about 1 mile. After swapping it out multiple times with other pumps, undeniably the pump had gone bad in some way. I suspect your HPFP is bad, send it back.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
You should still be able to limp the car on low pressure if a hpfp is bad.
1. Make sure pump is running it will only run while cranking or running engine.
2. If pump is running make sure all lines in tank are good feeding up to the pump and that fuel is actually in the bucket

zomski101

Private
Dec 28, 2019
Ride
335i
What was the solution to this? I have the same codes and symptoms. My car died while on the highway. Everytime I start it up lpfp pressure is at around 32 psi and rail pressure is at 700 psi. After minutes of idling the lpfp pressure slowly goes down to 20 psi and then rail pressure begins to drop until it reaches 70 psi then the car dies. I have stage 3 dual walbros, bpm4 and helix 3x.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Have you tried changing out the LPFP sensor? I understand they go bad after a while. Temperature can effect a bad sensor...as the engine warms and heats the sensor, it could read differently.