N54 HPFP VCV Tables

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
With MHD, use flash options for shift bog fix + PI safety. Then you can NLS without worry and the throttle will stay open. Lots of people doing this currently until I have time to finish the full NLS code.
I'm not using a JB4 anymore :(

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Not needed, as per my first msg. MHD + shift bog fix (flash time option), and PI safety (flash time option).
Omar@Hydra said something similar to me a little back, still don't understand the concept to this day.
You want me to floor the gas pedal and pop the clutch to shift while still flooring the gas pedal? Won't that result in instant rev limiter ?

Tiron

Lurker
Oct 10, 2018
Ride
BMW 135i
Faster shifts, if the throttle stays fully open during shifts, it could help i think.

Have you tried doing a data log of a hard shift? My manual car already keeps the throttle open during any fast shifts above ~4000rpm, even though I let off the accelerator. It appears to cut fuel and leave the throttle wide open. It did this with the stock tune and nothing special to activate. 2009 135i with IJE0S for me.

Unless you are looking for some kind of pop or backfire, the car may already be doing want you want. I think I saw some settings in the public XDF for threshold for fast fuel cut, these might be what need to be manipulated to make the car stop cutting fuel in this situation -- but honestly it seems like a fuel cut is what you'd want for the fastest, least harsh shift possible while leaving the throttle open like that.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
Have you tried doing a data log of a hard shift? My manual car already keeps the throttle open during any fast shifts above ~4000rpm, even though I let off the accelerator. It appears to cut fuel and leave the throttle wide open. It did this with the stock tune and nothing special to activate. 2009 135i with IJE0S for me.

Unless you are looking for some kind of pop or backfire, the car may already be doing want you want. I think I saw some settings in the public XDF for threshold for fast fuel cut, these might be what need to be manipulated to make the car stop cutting fuel in this situation -- but honestly it seems like a fuel cut is what you'd want for the fastest, least harsh shift possible while leaving the throttle open like that.

yes the car does do a fast fuel cut with stock tune to prevent rpm from rising when clutch is in
these are already defined in the public xdf so you can play around with them...
1580801674966.png

i think hes looking for ignition cut instead so rpms dont skyrocket when he NLS which jyamona is working on...

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Pretty sure he wants his warm idle to sound like cold start. Won't happen as timing is retarded a good deal for cold start to get heat into the cats. You'd have too high of EGT to keep it running that way after the cold start timer. Get a louder exhaust if you want loud all the time.

Yes this is what i meant. Okay. Then No :) I am happy with the sound during driving. Thank you for the explanation.

Reactions: Jake@MHD

Tiron

Lurker
Oct 10, 2018
Ride
BMW 135i
yes the car does do a fast fuel cut with stock tune to prevent rpm from rising when clutch is in
these are already defined in the public xdf so you can play around with them...
View attachment 34898

i think hes looking for ignition cut instead so rpms dont skyrocket when he NLS which jyamona is working on...

Yes, but my point was that the throttle is left wide open when this happens. It's essentially doing a NLS for you.

I can see a few upsides to leaving the fuel running when this happens, but the real world benefits over the stock setup seem small to me.

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Sup, yes mine too since the throttle tables, it doesnt fully close. But i'm sure it would be better if it stayed fully open.
No need for retard timing or anything, just throttle fully open.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
if you play around with the xdf i posted for the traction control stuff, you can tune out throttle closure requests from the dsc module...
when dsc kicks in, exhaust will sound different/louder due to spark retard... but of course... it will cause the EGTs to rise
it sounds pretty much the same

View attachment 34864

I don´t know if this really is a problem because if i remember right this is a common traction control strategy on race bikes. Modern Bikes like the BMW S1000RR (race version not street version) do it that way. If TC kicks in the bike sounds completely different. Check here:

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
I don´t know if this really is a problem because if i remember right this is a common traction control strategy on race bikes. Modern Bikes like the BMW S1000RR (race version not street version) do it that way. If TC kicks in the bike sounds completely different. Check here:

this sounds more like cylinder fuel cut than timing retard as the rpm is held for a little before it rises...

it sounds something like the end of the video where the exhaust suddenly goes loud

Reactions: JohnDaviz

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
this sounds more like cylinder fuel cut than timing retard as the rpm is held for a little before it rises...

it sounds something like the end of the video where the exhaust suddenly goes loud

ah oaky. My bad.

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
@doublespaces can you clean this, please? Move this discussion into its own thread? Somehow this went from an HPFP table thread, to whatever it has become, videos of motorcycles?. Lets keep this on track

some hpfp stuff to make you happy :joycat:

naming is pretty self explanatory...
dont blame me if your hpfp blows up... you have been warned

1580838855675.png

1580838874179.png

Attachments

• IJE0S_me_test_20200205.xdf
    834.2 KB · Views: 102

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Omar@Hydra said something similar to me a little back, still don't understand the concept to this day.
You want me to floor the gas pedal and pop the clutch to shift while still flooring the gas pedal? Won't that result in instant rev limiter ?

Yes, thats exactly what you need to do. With both flash options selected as I stated above, and if you shift at your table defined rev limit, it will just bounce there for a split second (both fuel and spark will be cut). Various ST cars doing this hold 21psi+ between shifts.

Reactions: DamnDatsun

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
i stumbled over a Facebook post about somebody talking about MHD OTS Maps V9

I don´t know if this is a coincidence or maybe the tables were already available for MHD But see yourself.

Talking about shift farts.. voila .. they seem to be also in the upcoming ots maps :D

Attachments

• v9 - 1.jpg
    v9 - 1.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 205
  • v9 - 3.jpg
    v9 - 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 204

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Yes, thats exactly what you need to do. With both flash options selected as I stated above, and if you shift at your table defined rev limit, it will just bounce there for a split second (both fuel and spark will be cut). Various ST cars doing this hold 21psi+ between shifts.
Well, do you have something a little bit more subtle ? This sounds brutal...

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
i stumbled over a Facebook post about somebody talking about MHD OTS Maps V9

I don´t know if this is a coincidence or maybe the tables were already available for MHD But see yourself.

Talking about shift farts.. voila .. they seem to be also in the upcoming ots maps :D

truth is, lots of stuff are floating around behind the scenes but as far as i know this stuff is not in the public

as for the ots maps... i tested the v8 maps on a friends car and it wasnt that great...