Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
A little something different for the masses that you don't see too often on the N54 is nitrous injection. There are turbo upgrades out of the Whoo-hah, but we wanted to do something different and go against the grain with this particular 335xi.

Setup designed by us here at Twisted Tuning, some probably have seen our Direct port Meth injection setups.

Moving forward, last night we finally got around to starting to tune the car on the bottle.

2007 335xi - Stock Turbos, VSRF 5" stepped Intercooler, DCIs,VSRF Chargepipe, Direct Port Nitrous. Fuel is E40 and this is on a 50 shot with partially reduced timing (mainly reduced from target timing on or E40 map without the bottle) and about 19-20psi peak from the stock twin.

This was generated from a log from the first full pass, after the initial setup. so more tuning and more power to be had when its all said and done. Starting out great though...

36757781431_5dd745d970_c.jpg
Justin Nitrous Pull v1 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

Pic of the setup with the IM off....

35623342962_2307cc1156_c.jpg
Twisted Tuning Direct Port Nitrous by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

And the car....

34558751240_8275095250_c.jpg
Twisted Tuning's N54 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

34814094381_168fd8536b_c.jpg
Twisted Tuning's N54 by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

We will post more updates as we progress through the tuning side of things. Then hit the rollers for final numbers. We are thinking about shooting for a respectable 600whp on the bottle after we toss on a set of catless downpipes.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Looks nice! I have 1/8 npt bungs on top that are plugged currently. Maybe I'll get bored later and shoot some juice through them.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
That's what I was waiting for! Nice results, I see you went with the braided, would the nylon be any benefit as far as space? Can this also benefit if you ran a nitrous/ meth plate? I was also considering cost, I run it now thru the intake, but looking for a better distribution, for what you have into this,are upgraded turbos near the same price line? It's great work tho!

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Looks nice! I have 1/8 npt bungs on top that are plugged currently. Maybe I'll get bored later and shoot some juice through them.

most of the direct port jets are smaller than 1/8NPT. well at least the ones i used. Because i only trust nitrous express and their Piranha nozzles are 1/16th. But there are some companies that use 1/8th. Just make sure you have it setup right and tuned properly by someone who knows and understands nitrous.

Virtual dyno?

yes, clearly on the graph. as i use it for tuning as its proven to be very accurate if you're not cheating it. will hit the rollers when im done tuning it. also mentioned in the original post.

That's what I was waiting for! Nice results, I see you went with the braided, would the nylon be any benefit as far as space? Can this also benefit if you ran a nitrous/ meth plate? I was also considering cost, I run it now thru the intake, but looking for a better distribution, for what you have into this,are upgraded turbos near the same price line? It's great work tho!

i originally used the typical hardlines. But decided to switch out to the Braided for more flexibility and use custom mount from the solenoids and distro blocks. the hardlines worked, but were a bit tough to work with due to the space constraints.

Im not sure what you are asking with the "Can this benefit if you ran a nitrous/meth plate". this is setup using one of my plate kits.

Cost wise this setup is far cheaper than upgrading turbos for the same or more power capability. As well as an easier install. People will complain or say "hey but you gotta keep filling your bottles". Lol, i could fill my bottle 30-100 times before reaching the price of a twin or single upgrade for the price of them. wont even talk about the frustration i see with people having turbos fail.

Not saying everyone should run nitrous. because everyone should not, because not everyone gets nitrous fully. just saying Nitrous is a very good solution.

Reactions: Jboyorak

Jboyorak

Private
Nov 6, 2016
Maine
Its good to see the results. My biggest concern, as with the factory turbos, is the small turbine housings and the exhaust pressures. Is this not an issue as you'd run lower boost and the wastegate more open

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Its good to see the results. My biggest concern, as with the factory turbos, is the small turbine housings and the exhaust pressures. Is this not an issue as you'd run lower boost and the wastegate more open

backpressure being on stock turbos is and was one of my biggest things that im going to be aware of and gauge as i increase the power. I never intended on running the stock turbos to their limits on the bottle anyway. so we will see how it goes.

Following, been interested to do a 50 wet shot for certain occasions.

nice

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
I also run nitrous,but as of now, it's tapped.at the elbow feeding a 3stage intake. It works,but feel there's more on the table. I love it, and plan to run it when I swap my n54 in. I mounted twin zex bottles this year, and want to direct port, I love the plate, and I'm.sure I can benefit from it. I ment running a meth and nitrous plate. You are on to something and can see this will.be taking off.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
I do agree you need to know what your doing, as far as turbos, there are stage ones out there pretty reasonable now,and the power is always there. I pay 45 a bottle,so it could reach twins within a short time.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Haven't heard anything with this now for some time. Any updates? I haven't seen any of this on the site. I've been collecting parts to put a direct port together. I'm into the manifold side now and wondering if running meth in the charge, and run a plate for nitrous could put me in the 550whp ranger. I'm only running stage ones, fbo with dps, and somes kind of inlet I don't want to go into full pi mode.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I also run nitrous,but as of now, it's tapped.at the elbow feeding a 3stage intake. It works,but feel there's more on the table. I love it, and plan to run it when I swap my n54 in. I mounted twin zex bottles this year, and want to direct port, I love the plate, and I'm.sure I can benefit from it. I ment running a meth and nitrous plate. You are on to something and can see this will.be taking off.

I do agree you need to know what your doing, as far as turbos, there are stage ones out there pretty reasonable now,and the power is always there. I pay 45 a bottle,so it could reach twins within a short time.

Haven't heard anything with this now for some time. Any updates? I haven't seen any of this on the site. I've been collecting parts to put a direct port together. I'm into the manifold side now and wondering if running meth in the charge, and run a plate for nitrous could put me in the 550whp ranger. I'm only running stage ones, fbo with dps, and somes kind of inlet I don't want to go into full pi mode.

Hey whats up. I never actually put the kit on my site. Although it is available for the most part. Its been running on my car for sometime now, and i've gone through about 4 bottles thus far. kit makes power and has since proven to be reliable.

what turbos you have?

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
now this is sweet. imagine the possibilities of a nitrous n54 car... huge turbo for big power with less lag, or 6266 spooling like stock making 800whp, or stock turbos FBO with inlets/outlets/nitrous making upgraded twins power.

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
Paval Race Engines built me a 14t stage one. He done a fantastic job on them. Car will have all the fbo,e85 and my Zex kit. Dyno tune nozzles. Looking to run turbos to 450-475 and 100 shot. I'm not to sure a 125 shot will hold up. This is going to be a summer dd, with these turbos, I can't see running an all out pi system. I'm in the process of finishing up the motor before I pull the n52 out.
IMG_20180910_192916.jpg
IMG_20180910_192854.jpg