Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
I will be ordering this as well. what's the lead time on these plates? 1/8 NPT meth

the purchase/order link is not working

how can I see the price?

Usually ships within a week. The base meth plate kit ships within a couple days. Conversion kit within a week unless something unforeseen happens like me being away temporarily.

Base kit here:

https://twistedtuning.com/collectio...isted-tuning-direct-port-meth-injection-plate

Conversion kit here:

https://twistedtuning.com/collectio...direct-port-methanol-injection-conversion-kit

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Here is my initial install of the plate. I will be taking out the T, and running the 7th nozzle off the end of the block. I just need to order another 6mm fitting from Aquamist. Each line from the distro block is equal length. They are. 4mm 170cc nozzles, but are about 200cc @ 220psi. My 7th nozzle is a DO2 350cc/min. Total is around 1550cc/min. So far she's working great at 25psi @ 10.5 degrees of timing.

View attachment 3722 View attachment 3723
What little clips did you use to snap the distribution manifold to the top of the I take! Very tidy!

Sw4y1313

Private
Nov 7, 2016
Lacey, WA
What little clips did you use to snap the distribution manifold to the top of the I take! Very tidy!

It's not attached yet. I am trying to make a plate that the clips on the distro block attach to. Right now it just sits there but it doesn't move much because of the way I have the line coming into the solenoid and 7th nozzle ran off the T fitting.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
It's not attached yet. I am trying to make a plate that the clips on the distro block attach to. Right now it just sits there but it doesn't move much because of the way I have the line coming into the solenoid and 7th nozzle ran off the T fitting.
Nice how's it working for ya so far? Are you up and running?

Reactions: LuiG

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars

grab a wrench and tell me what size the distro is. Im in the middle of making a couple things. can add that to list. is it 3/4" like the distro i use? Aquamist is usually some off sizing

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Another happy customer running our setup.....

35748160396_0d2f831b68_c.jpg
twisted tuing direct port meth plate kit by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

35656941681_2796b8b677_c.jpg

35748160316_6c5931d90c_c.jpg

35748160256_4f9e387961_c.jpg

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Instead of meth, could this be tied into the 70 psi LPFP fuel line for supplemental fueling without the need for injectors, switched on using a Hobbs switch? Kind of like a cross between Fuel-It's throttle body injector (TBI) and a port-injection (PI) system? If so, what nozzles should I run?

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Instead of meth, could this be tied into the 70 psi LPFP fuel line for supplemental fueling without the need for injectors, switched on using a Hobbs switch? Kind of like a cross between Fuel-It's throttle body injector (TBI) and a port-injection (PI) system? If so, what nozzles should I run?
I've considered ideas kinda like this before.. Problem is the pressure.. Meth works because of the pump pressures.. It atomizes much much better.. At 70psi your asking for trouble

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars

in theory its possible to work. But the atomization wont be great at that fuel pressure. granted Meth pumps are actually only injecting at about 100-120psi at the nozzles anyway depending on size of nozzle.my concern would be atomization not being fast enough being that close to the valves. It works "ok" for TBI due to being a little further upstream and the air charge takes care of some of the distribution.

It would take some nozzle with better optimized orifices for better distribution the the lower pressures.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Now available for N55 engines.... The Best way to inject any secondary fuel short of DI. For all the N55 guys that need extra fuel. METH IT UP!!!

36886201746_995ffb917c_c.jpg
N55 Direct Port Meth/Nitrous Plate by Justin Whitted, on Flickr

36886201916_8f801243ce_c.jpg

Also seen here with out Phenolic Spacer to create a barrier for heat off the Cylinder head....

36933087081_48cd4567c5_c.jpg

36886202126_d48ff49c54_c.jpg

36933087791_133867ac38_c.jpg

Purchase Link:

https://twistedtuning.com/products/twisted-tuning-direct-port-meth-injection-plate

Reactions: AK135i

AntoanS4

Private
Aug 30, 2017
Ride
2011 335is
Would this be better than runing e85 PI? In other words runing a STG2 e85 walbro pump in tank with e40-e60 e85 fuel mix tune and this direct port meth kit or running full e85 with the help of PI?

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
I've considered ideas kinda like this before.. Problem is the pressure.. Meth works because of the pump pressures.. It atomizes much much better.. At 70psi your asking for trouble
Can we install something like a meth pump between the LPFP line and the distribution block to get the atomization pressure up?

PUTC

Corporal
Oct 14, 2017
Ride
08 335xi
Justin, do you make a kit just for IAT cooing. Just one fogger after the intercooler. I’m not looking to spend that much or produce the power needed for that kit.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Would this be better than runing e85 PI? In other words runing a STG2 e85 walbro pump in tank with e40-e60 e85 fuel mix tune and this direct port meth kit or running full e85 with the help of PI?

both options serve the same purpose. Fuel supplementation when the HPFP cant flow enough for a given airflow. You can do either or, but running less Ethanol throught the factory fuel system puts less stress on it. And would probably help the factory fuel system last longer than running full E85. Due to running less Ethanol through the factory fuel system increases overall lubricity within the system. But both work. Some people prefer running full E85 because someone scared them with a meth horror story. Some people prefer meth. This is for those people.

Can we install something like a meth pump between the LPFP line and the distribution block to get the atomization pressure up?

Meth injection is not tied to the factory fuel system in any way. it operates off its own separate pump. But yes, having a pump feed the methanol to the meth pump increases head pressure, thus also increase pressure on the outlet of the meth pump, thus increasing atomization and flow overall. We've been testing feed the meth pump from a custom tank with a stock 335 intank pump feeding the meth from the tank to the meth pump already pressurized at 70psi or so.

Justin, do you make a kit just for IAT cooing. Just one fogger after the intercooler. I’m not looking to spend that much or produce the power needed for that kit.

i have not personally made or offered a single injection point kit due to there already being a bunch of other stuff out there. But if the demand is there. im sure i could offer something bundled with my superior Evolve MC-1 controller.

Reactions: Rob09msport

PUTC

Corporal
Oct 14, 2017
Ride
08 335xi
It did seem like the market was pretty well taken care of in that department. I’m planning to do a few things this winter and spring. Valve cleaning, intercooler/Meth injection, maybe down pipes. And looking into inlet and charge hot/cold side also. Torn between doing custom job but things are cheep already would probably be too much work than to just buy. Unless the F01 system shows some good logs and flow characteristics, which I can’t see not having it.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Meth injection is not tied to the factory fuel system in any way. it operates off its own separate pump. But yes, having a pump feed the methanol to the meth pump increases head pressure, thus also increase pressure on the outlet of the meth pump, thus increasing atomization and flow overall. We've been testing feed the meth pump from a custom tank with a stock 335 intank pump feeding the meth from the tank to the meth pump already pressurized at 70psi or so.

My question wasn't clear. I didn't mean for injecting meth. I meant to ask if a pump could be placed between the LPFP line and the distribution block to increase fuel pressure. Perhaps a pump that is normally used for methanol can be plumbed in that spot?