MHD Wifi Adapter not working

mjposner

Jan 20, 2020
Ride
BMW M4
Just came in the mail today, plugged into OBD port and nothing, no signal at all. Tested in second car and with second device, still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

TiAgAu

Corporal
Nov 18, 2018
Australia
Ride
08 335i
Anymore info? Is it showing up at all on your wifi device list? It's not connecting from there or?

mjposner

Jan 20, 2020
Ride
BMW M4
Not at all. I heard from MHD and they said to open up and check for loose pcb board which was the case. Will test later today to see if fixed.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Does the box light up? I think there's a light that turns on when it's connected.

Milton54

Jun 29, 2020
Just came in the mail today, plugged into OBD port and nothing, no signal at all. Tested in second car and with second device, still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?
I also have the same problem right now not sure what to do I tried to see if it was lose it wasn’t still nothing it lights up and everything but can not find it on my WiFi setting on my iphone

Reactions: JLFC

JLFC

Mar 28, 2022
São Paulo, Brazil
Ride
11’ Space Grey BMW E90 335i
I also have the same problem right now not sure what to do I tried to see if it was lose it wasn’t still nothing it lights up and everything but can not find it on my WiFi setting on my iphone
Was this ever fixed? I have the exact same problem. Adapter lights up and everything, but it won’t show up in any device’s WiFi List. I’ve tried in 2 other cars owned by friends.

DJ Jagga

Mar 12, 2023
Looking for a solution for the same issue. Just received MHD Wi-Fi adapter and it doesn’t work at all.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Contact MHD directly?

An OBD2 port connection and WiFi is rather straightforward...

Last edited: