MFactory DCT flywheel owners GET IN HERE

Xer0449

Corporal
Jan 30, 2017
I've seen that a lot of people purchased these flywheels to hypothetically eliminate the phantom knock when going above 18psi on a PS2 (N55 specifically).

However, I've yet to see a single review or post proclaiming that this flywheel does prevent the phantom misfires.

Who can speak to this? Anyone?

Edit: Tagging @houtan as he's in the exact same boat as me, with the same questions.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Bump. Still can not comprehend how this is such a mystery!!!

Acoustix

Jun 27, 2018
Ride
135i oem 1M Conversion
It may be a little late but I do have the M factory flywheel installed. The weight difference between the stock dual mass and the M factory is quite significant however, so is the noise lol.. the flywheel is extremely loud. definitely not daily driver friendly. the shifts are a lot more aggressive when shifting from 1-2, 2-3. The cabin noise when cruising on the highway in 7th gear is atrocious. you are better of keeping it in 5th or 6th gear.

hope this helps. I do enjoy it but I don't drive my car every day. more for spirited driving. keep in mind you'll want to upgrade trans bushings while you change your old flywheel out.

also, I have yet to have any issues with phantom knocking. its been installed for close to 6 months. I have done quite a bit of driving upwards of 500mi at a time and no issues! just LOUD

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
It may be a little late but I do have the M factory flywheel installed. The weight difference between the stock dual mass and the M factory is quite significant however, so is the noise lol.. the flywheel is extremely loud. definitely not daily driver friendly. the shifts are a lot more aggressive when shifting from 1-2, 2-3. The cabin noise when cruising on the highway in 7th gear is atrocious. you are better of keeping it in 5th or 6th gear.

hope this helps. I do enjoy it but I don't drive my car every day. more for spirited driving. keep in mind you'll want to upgrade trans bushings while you change your old flywheel out.

also, I have yet to have any issues with phantom knocking. its been installed for close to 6 months. I have done quite a bit of driving upwards of 500mi at a time and no issues! just LOUD

thanks for taking the time to update the thread.

based on the feedback posted I ended up
buying a lightly used M2/3/4 fly wheel.

What trans bushings did you upgrade to? Do you think some of the noise you were hearing or do to those? I am close to removing my transmission and it stolen the fly wheel so it would be great to do the bushings at the same time.

Acoustix

Jun 27, 2018
Ride
135i oem 1M Conversion
thanks for taking the time to update the thread.

based on the feedback posted I ended up
buying a lightly used M2/3/4 fly wheel.

What trans bushings did you upgrade to? Do you think some of the noise you were hearing or do to those? I am close to removing my transmission and it stolen the fly wheel so it would be great to do the bushings at the same time.

I went with ecs brand poly bushings, they are probably the root cause of increased noise. I upgraded the bushings due to the fact that smfw has a large impact on the drivetrain so I figured getting a semi-solid bushing would help reduce premature wear that would more than likely appear on our stock bushings while also alleviating a bit of backlash. a diff lockdown bracket is also a good idea as there is definitely an increase in wheel hop.

Reactions: houtan