MDrive on 1M DME

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Wow. Stock DSC index is 0Fh, 1M is 01h. Stock DSC file is MK60_87.C0F and 1M DSC file is MK60_M82.C01. Look at the SG indexes and file extensions.

It can't possibly be that easy, but I'll rename the 1M file to MK60_M82.C0F and try again tomorrow. For that matter, I wonder if renaming the 1M file completely to MK60_87.C0F would do it without even changing the VO.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Did Justin adjust your DSC somehow in your tune? Also last I heard for the tq limiter fix was a while backz is there something new or had you just not enabled it yet?
Actually the ff logic can allow alot of boost and timing settings with a trim pot on 5v. It's just interpolating two maps so you could change timing, fuel and boost but it isnt full on maps. So throttle mapping and full on diff map isnt possible but that's not as big of a deal at least you could completely control power and cater to octane with a dial or digital control. I currently am using meth flow until torqbyte releases its canbus update then I am going to use a GPI with a dct shifter and sport button to turn on meth or if I figure out better I will use the m3 shifter with the up and down buttons for 5 settings varying additional boost and the lowest setting turning my meth off. Basically I would run my flow sensor to the mc2 instead of the ff pin it runs to now and then let the mc2 send signal to the ff pin based on the flow sensor as a failsafe and then hopefully by tapping into the canbus I'll be able to use the dme to control the mc2 if not I would just use a dct shifter and sport button.
Sorry for slight off topic but basically my point is with twisted mc2 controller you could make diff boost and timing settings with the current flex logic and with canbus integration could control with the m buttons.

• Informative
Reactions: ShocknAwe

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
clutch type diff engages are lot softer during transition... it is good but clutches do wear out and its $$$
ultimately it depends on how you use your car and if its more setup towards street on street/track duty then its not really worth it imo

but i do have traction issues in 2nd/3rd gear around ~3-5k rpm with pure stage 2s at 20psi on a 255/265 bridgestone re71r tires + mfactory lsd setup especially during corner exit

as for m mode dsc settings, i am not sure how the dme handles it... but it is possible to affect how the car behaves when dsc kicks in...

it is possible to tune torque reduction or disable it completely in dme when dsc intervenes ... the maps are not defined yet afaik
it is possible to tune thorrtle closure when dsc kicks in but this indirectly affects how much throttle the car would pull when it overboosts or when load actual goes above load requested

it is also possible to change the yaw thresholds through ncsexpert in the dsc module...
I believe @jayoma has said he is able to completely disable torque reduction on dsc intervention , I dont know if he just has way to disable or actual knows the tables and they just aren't public but he def has mentioned before

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
I believe @jayoma has said he is able to completely disable torque reduction on dsc intervention , I dont know if he just has way to disable or actual knows the tables and they just aren't public but he def has mentioned before

I defined some toggles for IKM0S a while back that related to disabling ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) and MSR (Deceleration Slip Control/Motorschlepp-momentenregelung) they're different toggles than the current Tq Safety Path ones.

It has to do with traction control torque request. I have no way of testing these toggles as I do not have an MSD81 IK car.

Reactions: aus335iguy

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
that sounds interesting. Deceleration slip control may have an impact on dct rev matchingif those tables apply. Does anyone know ?

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
that sounds interesting. Deceleration slip control may have an impact on dct rev matchingif those tables apply. Does anyone know ?

Excerpt from the data sheet: "MSR function avoids the vehicle from skidding on e.g. icy surfaces by reducing the drag torque of the engine at trailing throttle and trailing throttle fuel cut off. For to reach a higher lateral stability of the wheels the indicated engine torque is increased to reduce wheel slip."

Each type of torque reduction has a fast function (Ignition and Fuel) and a slow function (Throttle closure)

There are torque reductions for safety, traction control, and more I assume.

Here's an excerpt for safety tq reduction: "The ETC safety concept monitors the torque generation of the engine by comparing the actual indicated engine torque to the desired indicated engine torque"

ASR seems to deal with wheelslip, while MSR deals with skidding e.g. icy surface. I could be wrong about the ASR, it's 3:30 AM right now... but it seems to make sense.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly

Sure can. A few ppl running around with it on various roms now.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Best that an expert explains it rather than me steering you in the wrong direction. pardon the pun.
I think the DSC may intervene even when it’s off.

Reactions: azshantris