Idle surging

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Where to begin. I was having issue with my FF system and Motive sent me a new wiring harness. I replaced the harness and went to start the car. Now I have this idle surging that is really bad. After much flashing and testing I now have the FF module removed and the car is flashed to stock, and still surging.

I have reset Throttle, Octane, and idle adaptations, turned car off, waited 30 seconds, turned on key, waited 30 seconds and started the car and the surging continues.

I have removed the throttle body and inspected it and the wire harness and it seemed fine.

Codes:
- DME active codes -
2CFA - DME: Throttle-valve potentiometer 2.
2CFB - DME: Throttle-valve adaptation value.
2D09 - DME: THROTTLE.
2D1D - DME: Accelerator-pedal module, pedal-position sensor 1, voltage supply.

short video

• Sad
Reactions: doublespaces

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
Thanks for the replies! I pulled the throttle body and the connections looked okay to me.

My car is pulled tight to the wall so I have been avoiding pulling fuses but looks like I will have to crawl in there.

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
Clear throttle adaptations,
Shut car off, get out, lock car, wait 3-5 minutes
unlock car, get it, keep your foot off the brake and turn the car on untill the Check engine light turns on,
wait 2 minutes
start the car

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
But did you do the key on portion and wait. This time is used to let the dme relearn the throttle adaptation. Just trying to help. What's your current list of codes in all modules

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
But did you do the key on portion and wait. This time is used to let the dme relearn the throttle adaptation. Just trying to help. What's your current list of codes in all modules
Yeah I waited. Codes are the ones listed above.
I just took the throttle body off again and inspected the connections and everything looks good. Tomorrow will be inspecting the DME connections again.

NoGuru

Captain
Jan 9, 2018
Just North of Detroit
Ride
BMW 335is
I can't think of anything else to try other then start throwing parts at it but not the best economy for that solution.

Maybe I can find the DME pinout and find the pin related to the throttle.