N54 Flash IKMOS on your non IKMOS car 1M on a non M car

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
I think in the thought of moving forward, perhaps a clean up of this thread may be beneficial so as not to confuse anyone finding this thread in the future.
Any posts relating to the old incorrect US bin can now be deleted as it is no longer relevant.

N54savage

Lurker
Aug 11, 2020
Do these bins have modified power class coding?
Has it been confirmed the OTS MHD maps work with modified power class?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Do these bins have modified power class coding?
Has it been confirmed the OTS MHD maps work with modified power class?
I’ve personally run IKMOS stage 2+ and it works though I wouldn’t recommend it for anything other than a manual transmission. It’s giving me weird issues. The power class is taken car of yes.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I’ve personally run IKMOS stage 2+ and it works though I wouldn’t recommend it for anything other than a manual transmission. It’s giving me weird issues. The power class is taken car of yes.
I'm curious, what's the load/boost req/target at on the OTS map at high RPM and did you have any limiter 4s active on it with DCT?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Thanks, but if you aren't going back to it, don't go through the hassle. I thought you might've had some from it laying around already.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
For the purpose of updating experience, so far on my car, (I am 2009 E92 335i DCT),
the IKM0S 1M EU file has adapted so well, as ive been driving with a mixed driving style, driving it relaxed, and then then press the sport button.
I find that pressing the sport button when i need a little extra oomph is more than enough on small back roads to punch past a lazy driver or the like.

What i can 100% confirm is that in D mode with the Sport button pressed, there is zero throttle delay when i want to move off of the line.
Without Sport button pushed, there is, but this is expected as i feel its akin to a Comfort/Eco mode.

I havent used the S/M Sport mode all that much i must be honest, but as expected the gearbox comes alive with higher rpm shifting and downshifting.
Ive also noted i have slight burble since loading the 1M tune, but due to me having a fully stock exhaust system without any MPerformance bits, its very subdued and barely noticeable.

Im yet to try any OTS maps, as i have not purchased any Map packs, but i wont be using them anyway, when i do tune more i will use my now stock 1M tune as a base for a custom tune and see how that goes. but this will all only happen much later.

Hope this helps anyone.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Using IKMOs standard was great for me as well. It all falls apart with the OTS tunes. My custom tunes file from my tuner ported to IKMOS was also ok but again I didn’t spend heaps of time on any particular tune

SCHWARZ_E92

Sep 3, 2020
Georgia
Ride
2009 335i
Not sure if this happened to anyone else but i flashed the US ikm0s version and it messes with my oil level reading.

Car has a new oil level sensor before ikm0s flash. put in 6.5 quarts of oil on the last oil change and car still read that it was low on oil.

Flashed back to the original .bin file backup and the oil level has been reading correctly.

Havent tried the EU version though. Doesnt make sense to me why flashing ikm0s would change oil level reading. If i added oil, it would make the oil level read not low but would go back to reading "low" in a few days

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I haven't had any issues, but incorrect/inconsistent low oil warnings certainly aren't unheard of on 1Ms. There are quite a few different oil level/oil related tables in IKM0S versus INA0S, and I assume other roms. I haven't compared IKM0S US vs. Euro for them, no idea if they're the same.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Limit 2048, throttle sensitivity related surging, surging at lean cruise and per above oil level reading. Though the oil level thing I was idle if in a steep hill waiting for a ferry and read normal straight after. It seamed as though the oil came on prematurely and it could be that IKMOS samples more regularly ?

tony@codewerx

Corporal
Apr 1, 2017
Ride
E92
Limit 2048, throttle sensitivity related surging, surging at lean cruise and per above oil level reading. Though the oil level thing I was idle if in a steep hill waiting for a ferry and read normal straight after. It seamed as though the oil came on prematurely and it could be that IKMOS samples more regularly ?

Did you manage to resolve all of these issues ? Were you previously on i8aos ?

bitcore

Sep 21, 2020
So, I just tried this yesterday. Put JB4 (old board) on map 0 to flash with MHD and a bimmergeeks cable. First drive, ran fine for a few moments, and then started to judder violently at low RPMs after leaving neighborhood - below 3k. Get on the throttle any amount after that, and the throttle pedal was disabled entirely. Had to re-start the engine to re-enable. Loads of codes were logged: CDBD, 2D59: "DME internal failure: control actual torque??", 2D5A: Control motor torque limitation, 2FA3: Coding Missing. I reset a load of adaptations with my BT tool and it now it's no longer disabling the throttle, but: 1) The low RPM judders are still noticeable (when trying to maintain a speed like 5-20 mph), 2) seems to hesitate going to full boost at low RPMs. I believe it's still throwing torque limitation codes.

I like the throttle response, except the lack of low end torque and the juddering. I'd imagine flashing back to stock and applying linear throttle would be nice. Though are the normal MHD OTS tunes about the same as IKM0S? Is MHD actually fixing the power class settings?