E9X 3 Series / E82 1 Series Öhlins Suspension Kit Sale!!

silverstreak18

Corporal
Jan 3, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Ride
2016 M3
Recently did a full M3 rear subframe swap to my 335i and I'm looking for a proper suspension setup. Anyway to order a set for the 335i that have the M3 lower shock mount in the rear?

barry@3DM

Corporal
Jun 4, 2018
Recently did a full M3 rear subframe swap to my 335i and I'm looking for a proper suspension setup. Anyway to order a set for the 335i that have the M3 lower shock mount in the rear?

What shocks are you currently running?

As for the setup you are referencing, I used to be able to get the front BMS Mi00 (non m) shocks and the rear BMS Mi40 (M3) shocks individually but Ohlins put a stop to it because they were running out of spares for people who needed wreck damage parts. There are alternate solutions but they are not cost effective.

In my opinion, if you are looking for the ultimate suspension you want to go with a different front spindle. What this does is allow you to separate the spring pre-load from ride height. See below pics for example...

The E9X non m spindle clamp is so small it has to clamp directly to the damper body.
e9x non m.JPG

On the E9X M3, the spindle clamp is larger which allows for a separate ride height adjustment.
e9x m3.JPG

With a separate ride height adjustment, you can now ensure you have proper suspension travel no matter your ride height. If you run stock ride height you won't top out and if you run low, you won't bottom out. Basically the spring pre-load perch sets the shock at its proper stroke travel point, then the spindle clamp adjuster changes your ride height.

The quickest option for this is to simply switch to the E9X M3 front spindle but this requires switching to the E9X M3 brakes. I'm in the middle of researching a different spindle solution that will allow for way more options for brakes and offer the separate ride height solution as well. I'm very close to verifying if this new idea will work, my hope is to confirm in the next 2-3 weeks.

ornicar

Nov 4, 2019
Ride
125i

As for the setup you are referencing, I used to be able to get the front BMS Mi00 (non m) shocks and the rear BMS Mi40 (M3) shocks individually but Ohlins put a stop to it because they were running out of spares for people who needed wreck damage parts. There are alternate solutions but they are not cost effective.

In my opinion, if you are looking for the ultimate suspension you want to go with a different front spindle. What this does is allow you to separate the spring pre-load from ride height. See below pics for example...

The E9X non m spindle clamp is so small it has to clamp directly to the damper body.
View attachment 35591

On the E9X M3, the spindle clamp is larger which allows for a separate ride height adjustment.
View attachment 35590

With a separate ride height adjustment, you can now ensure you have proper suspension travel no matter your ride height. If you run stock ride height you won't top out and if you run low, you won't bottom out. Basically the spring pre-load perch sets the shock at its proper stroke travel point, then the spindle clamp adjuster changes your ride height.

The quickest option for this is to simply switch to the E9X M3 front spindle but this requires switching to the E9X M3 brakes. I'm in the middle of researching a different spindle solution that will allow for way more options for brakes and offer the separate ride height solution as well. I'm very close to verifying if this new idea will work, my hope is to confirm in the next 2-3 weeks.

You probably ever know it, but the M2 Spindles fit and are plug & play with the 380mm discs + calipers

Reactions: doublespaces

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is

View attachment 35591

View attachment 35590

Holy crap this is a massive difference I didn't know about. Your different spindle solution sounds amazing!

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I'm in the middle of researching a different spindle solution that will allow for way more options for brakes and offer the separate ride height solution as well. I'm very close to verifying if this new idea will work, my hope is to confirm in the next 2-3 weeks.

VERY close :sunglasses:

Filippo

• Love
Reactions: derekgates