Discussion about issues encountered whilst converting to M3 Flash and GWS

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Ohhhh, I think I missed something. Am I to infer that Xhp is adding capability for the DCT transmission?

That would make sense for them to go after the M3 DCT crowd, allow custom shifting and final drive ratios. We could definitely benefit from that. I think Oliver might go after the 335is (and some 135i) crowd to get M3 logic without replacing parts.
So everyone is on the same page ....Maxxecu passed what they know about flashing the f80 dct to xhp.
they can now work on discovering tables but it would be safe to say that shift points, shift speed and quality would be a good start on things to change.
E9x and f10 might be very different and different to crack

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
@doublespaces @dyezak @aus335iguy - Oliver got back to me with a proposal to modify the M3 GTS BIN for 2.56 ratio and stock turbo (6000 shift point). He also said he could work it so the 335i GWS would work fine with it. LOL a bit late for many of us. I'll ask him what his price is anyway for everyone else with DCT that would want the M3 logic and not all the work.

Personally, I'd like a BIN where the shifts wait longer than 1500 rpm. I tuned the throttle to be mostly dead the first 1/4, as far as the turbo is concerned, so it'd trick the DCT is holding gear longer, like to 2500 rpm before shift when cruising. I've also notice not as crisp shifts to 6th or 7th, but think that's my novice tuning of the PS2 causing that.

Sharing here so someone could remind me if I don't get back with anything soon.
Aww man, this gave me goose bumps. Who is Oliver and what do we need to do to show him interest?!

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
But then we have to wait for xhp which may or may not happen and may or may not have the development that we need ... I’d hedge my bets at this stage

Stokes

Sergeant
Jan 26, 2018
Houston, TX
Ride
2011 BMW 135i
Thanks for the reminder. Replied back asking for price per what he was saying... which I forgot to copy here...

"I just wanted to inform you that I am now able (again) to work on new DCT software versions.

What I will do now:
- make a software based on the E92 GTS and adapt the rear diff mapping to 2.56 and change all shifting points to latest 6000rpm (in automatic mode).
- do the same with the original 335i gear lever so a conversation to the M3 gear lever is not necessary

Can you please confirm that this is what you would need?

Thanks alot!

Best regards,
Oliver"

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Thanks for the reminder. Replied back asking for price per what he was saying... which I forgot to copy here...

"I just wanted to inform you that I am now able (again) to work on new DCT software versions.

What I will do now:
- make a software based on the E92 GTS and adapt the rear diff mapping to 2.56 and change all shifting points to latest 6000rpm (in automatic mode).
- do the same with the original 335i gear lever so a conversation to the M3 gear lever is not necessary

Can you please confirm that this is what you would need?

Thanks alot!

Best regards,
Oliver"

Gah, be still my beating heart. I am salivating with excitement for this.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Yep, that sounds like what I need

I wouldn’t mind also having drivelogic but we can reach out to him to ask that separately.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Yep, that sounds like what I need

I wouldn’t mind also having drivelogic but we can reach out to him to ask that separately.
I honestly don't know how much of an upgrade the M3 bin would be without DriveLogic, but I'll take any baby steps at this point.

I am almost positive the DL switch positions are transmitted on CAN, but there may be default settings for DL levels in the TCU or DME. If we can set default sport DL to 6, would be enough for me.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Line pressure also needs to be set to the highest level in any of the bins and I believe that might be the z35is

Last edited:
Reactions: RSL

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I honestly don't know how much of an upgrade the M3 bin would be without DriveLogic, but I'll take any baby steps at this point.
Yeah I agree
I am almost positive the DL switch positions are transmitted on CAN, but there may be default settings for DL levels in the TCU or DME. If we can set default sport DL to 6, would be enough for me.
What level would you set D mode to ? About D4 or 5 id say ?

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Line pressure also needs to be set to the highest level in any of the bins and I believe that might be the z35is
Have a ZB for it? I can try testing/logging. 335is, about 850nm tq actual, is about 16-17bar IIRC. There are still offsets applied that reduce how much of tq the TCU sees though. Those offsets can be reduced, but I don't know what other internal torques they might effect.
Yeah I agree

What level would you set D mode to ? About D4 or 5 id say ?
Me personally, maybe 3-4 for a daily, but I'd have to test on N54 tune to really see. Having owned an E92 M3 DCT, I can say normal in the M3 is just as much a turd for shifts as non-M DCT and DL 1-2 isn't a whole lot better than our Sport. I don't know how much torque tuning differences between the DMEs might change how levels responds though.

azshantris

Corporal
Aug 27, 2019
Ride
2011 135i N55 DCT GTX1000
Man, what a read.
The development time and effort you guys put into this is phenomenal!
I'm looking to start attempting to go the m3 gts route with my 2011 135i n55 and will attempt to document as much as I can. I believe I accidentally ran into LMB335is on Facebook and am hoping he can help me out. There's quite a bit to intake here, and the hardware is the easy part.
Wish me luck?
Josh

Reactions: houtan

Sucukman

Private
Jan 20, 2020
Ride
BMW 335is
Hello Guys,

Ive done with 95% of the Electric Part of Convertation:

GWS
EDC/Power button
Drivelogic Button
M3 SZL
M3 Steering with Paddels & MuFu
M3 Combi
M3 DSC MK60

Wiring is Done, Wires to MK60 and to MSD81 are installed.

flashed the M3 GTS Software
flashed the 1er M Software (IKM0S)
Coded the VO for M Drive and M DCT
Coded the M3DSC, Kombi, CIC, MSD81 and GWS

i thing all is installed except the4 M3 DSC Sensors, are they necessary?

Other Quetion, does the M3 LSD Fit with the 335i driveshafts? someone say yes, other say no.

Edit: no Error Codes, DSC OFF is Work, M button Work (Green M Light Turned On) Power Bottun no funktion (No change and no Light turned on after push) iDrive Changes in M Display (CIC) dont work

Last edited:

LMB335is

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2017
FOB FL
Ride
13 335is
Hello Guys,

Ive done with 95% of the Electric Part of Convertation:

GWS
EDC/Power button
Drivelogic Button
M3 SZL
M3 Steering with Paddels & MuFu
M3 Combi
M3 DSC MK60

Wiring is Done, Wires to MK60 and to MSD81 are installed.

flashed the M3 GTS Software
flashed the 1er M Software (IKM0S)
Coded the VO for M Drive and M DCT
Coded the M3DSC, Kombi, CIC, MSD81 and GWS

i thing all is installed except the4 M3 DSC Sensors, are they necessary?

Other Quetion, does the M3 LSD Fit with the 335i driveshafts? someone say yes, other say no.

Edit: no Error Codes, DSC OFF is Work, M button Work (Green M Light Turned On) Power Bottun no funktion (No change and no Light turned on after push) iDrive Changes in M Display (CIC) dont work

No, they use different output flanges. No reason not to use the M3 axles, they're much stronger.

M button serves no function, or MDrive as well, they're both functions of the M3 DME but the green M looks cool. Power button is a M3 DME function as well and the M Drive menu in the CIC will be there but non functional.

Reactions: L€X

Sucukman

Private
Jan 20, 2020
Ride
BMW 335is
No, they use different output flanges. No reason not to use the M3 axles, they're much stronger.

M button serves no function, or MDrive as well, they're both functions of the M3 DME but the green M looks cool. Power button is a M3 DME function as well and the M Drive menu in the CIC will be there but non functional.

so the Wire from Power Botton to MSD81 and IK0MS are not necessary ?