DCT GS40 coding error after dct swap

golden11lead

Lurker
Apr 28, 2020
Sorry I misread the question No it shouldn’t make any difference
Ok, so I know flashing to INAOS over mhd is possible but how is it done?(different question to the thread, but im on lunch rn and cant access my car lol)

I tried using a stock INAOS rom from a 335is but it says theres a vin mismatch and will not allow the flash.

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
Locate an INAOS bin file. Save the file on your MHD device and use the “flash a custom tune” functionally in the app. Yep. THAT easy.

golden11lead

Lurker
Apr 28, 2020
Shouldn't make much of a difference
Ok so now that everything works, when we put the car in drive(no driveshaft in) and it makes a loud clinking noise. We did the bleed procedure by holding it in park and holding the revs at 2000k. Fill repeat. Did i miss something in the coding?

link:Video of noise

only happens when the car is put in drive.(no driveshaft installed yet)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Bet, The car works now. It was the trans thinking the output flange wasnt moving and engaging park which caused grinding. All good though, no metal in the oil after we flushed it.

So let me try and understand, when you put the car into drive it started grinding because why?

You said there was no drive shaft, so you are saying the car thought the wheels weren't moving or something and so it went into park?

golden11lead

Lurker
Apr 28, 2020
So let me try and understand, when you put the car into drive it started grinding because why?

You said there was no drive shaft, so you are saying the car thought the wheels weren't moving or something and so it went into park?

Yes, thats the thought. Now it seems you must have your seat belt on or the car wont let you change out of park. Might be a normal dct thing but I dont have anyones dct to compare it to lol.

Reactions: doublespaces

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I dont have to have my seat belt on to switch out of park.

This seems similar to how it will switch INTO park if sealbelt is off and the door is open and you let off the brake.

golden11lead

Lurker
Apr 28, 2020
I dont have to have my seat belt on to switch out of park.

This seems similar to how it will switch INTO park if sealbelt is off and the door is open and you let off the brake.
Ok, it seems to show that the door is open and the seat belt is off if the seat belt is disconnected only(door shut).

golden11lead

Lurker
Apr 28, 2020
Sounds like a coded behaviour... maybe in the footwell module... look for “Sicherheitsgurt”???
Ok, when i get home ill try and code it.

btw, are there any links to an INAOS bin? I found the one on spool street but when i use it on mhd it gives me the incorrect VIN error lol.