Anyone have 1st hand experience with Braum seats?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

$800 for 2

Just curious how they feel, wear, quality, fit and finish, etc. Everything I read online seems to make me believe these are decent.

BRR1-BGBW_1.jpg

They look like they would match my tan interior perfectly:

I would need two of these as I don't have a cage w/ harnesses: https://www.braumracing.com/product/seat-belt-guide/

I was thinking of this seat bracket: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/p...-coupe-e92-chassis-2007-2013-driver-left.html Braum sells this brand and planted says it fits Braum seats.

Coding would be done via protools:
Under the “Safety” section > MRS – Airbag > Coding > Standard, we must deactivate the following options.
  • Seat Mat Sensor (OC3_1)
  • Driver Seat Position Sensor (SPSF_1_CD)
  • Left-Side Airbag (SIDEBAG_LINKS_1)
  • Passenger Seat Position Sensor (SPSBF_1)
  • Right-Side Airbag (SIDEBAG_RECHTS_1)
Thank you @suspenceful for the excellent write up where I stole this from.

Costs:
Seats $800
Brackets $240
Belt Guides $50
Total: $1,090 probably more like $1200 after shipping and taxes.

Is there a better option in that price range of say $1,000-$1,600? Must haves are recline, leather(or close enough), and sliders for front-back adjustment. I just can't justify dropping 2k+ on seats and I want them to match, 1 seat is not an option.

Last edited:

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I was considering these a while back. Ultimately scrapped it because I couldn't find any feedback that wasn't from someone who hasn't received the seats for free from Braum, was a Braum sponsor, or some sort of kickback like that.

Had my sport seats recovered and am totally tickled by the job since I actually take the car on long road trips. Comfort is key.

Otherwise I'd say stick with good ole sportsters.

Reactions: Torgus

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
They look exactly the same as cipher auto (garbage) and the corbeau RRS seats. I really like the brown Braum seats though. Ah least corbeau has a genuine leather option.

KAIZZER

Corporal
Feb 13, 2019
New England
Ride
e89 z4 35i, Mk7.5 Gti, 02 Wrx
Recently got to see these in two different cars at a friends shop. They looked and felt pretty good, time will tell though.