Private
Nov 21, 2016
SoCal

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Looking forward to your build man. I've seen a few installs but no logs or reviews...kinda weird.

I helped my friend install and tune his Speedtech kit with a BW Sxe 364. What kind of review would you like?
It look stock. Sounds stock for the most part except the BW turbo sound is pretty loud. Hits 20 psi around 4k with the journal bearing turbo.

gingerbreadman

Private
Nov 21, 2016
SoCal
I helped my friend install and tune his Speedtech kit with a BW Sxe 364. What kind of review would you like?
It look stock. Sounds stock for the most part except the BW turbo sound is pretty loud. Hits 20 psi around 4k with the journal bearing turbo.
View attachment 26755

Just something that shows some spool characteristics since it's a short runner manifold and all. That snippet looks good! Thanks bud!

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Just something that shows some spool characteristics since it's a short runner manifold and all. That snippet looks good! Thanks bud!

We are still playing around with vanos to try to improve spool, but the Journal bearing turbo is kinda lazy :sleepy:
It's a bit dead until it spools.

Last edited:

gingerbreadman

Private
Nov 21, 2016
SoCal
We are still playing around with vanos to try to improve spool, but the Journal bearing turbo is kinda lazy :sleepy:
It's a bit dead until it spools.
I used to think a JB and a BB would spool kinda similar...interesting. Full boost by 4k is still not bad though. I'm sure once you guys figure out the vanos & spool tables it'll be awesome.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Yes he does a very good of teaching fundamentals and science behind tuning. I use to think tunning was like a black art but its pretty straight forward for the most part. He also does a good job of debunking popular tunning myths like running lean makes more power when in reality is there's a huge range of AFRs where max power can be obtained so the best case scenario would be to run close as you can get to max power rich to keep the in cylinder temps and egt down. All the stuff he teaches can be directly applied to the N54. The n54 is pretty easy tune since its all closed loop stuff. The hard part is the boost control system.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033990N8/ ... I have one of these. It's superb. Cheap. Easy to put up, take down, put away, roll around, et cetera. With the current coupon it is $135 shipped on Prime. Ridiculously cheap. I use mine to put it over the BBQ smoker when it rains and I need to spend the day sitting out watching the smoker (hey ... it's a rough life but someone has to do it), or work on the zero turn out in the middle of the field during summer if it breaks down. Would work well as a pop-up for shade or against rain if working outside on the car.

Filippo