6AT to DCT Converstion

Kevin Deng

Dec 28, 2020
here is the question
i swap the DCT from 6AT successfuly , then ISTA could recoginzed my trans is a DCT , but xHP did not,xHP also think i'm a 6at car.
and i don't want to change my VIN, don't want to change CAS .
So ,i want to flash xHP DCT software, guys have any solution ?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
here is the question
i swap the DCT from 6AT successfuly , then ISTA could recoginzed my trans is a DCT , but xHP did not,xHP also think i'm a 6at car.
and i don't want to change my VIN, don't want to change CAS .
So ,i want to flash xHP DCT software, guys have any solution ?

you have to change your VIN to a DCT car. There is no other solution.

Change VIN, flash the Car and go back to your VIN after you are happy with your xhp dct setup.

Begood69

Corporal
Nov 13, 2016
Fayetteville, NC
Ride
335i N54 Predator 3.2L stroker
you have to change your VIN to a DCT car. There is no other solution.

Change VIN, flash the Car and go back to your VIN after you are happy with your xhp dct setup.
No all u have to do is het the correct production code For the car u qant to work with.. when I do M3GTS i use KG91 (Euro LHD). But if u want to b recongnized as 335is just go on real oem and select yr and model and u will see the prodcode. Just was ur oem one in the vo. (*WB73) was my oem and replaced that for (*KG91) vin remained the same. Just VO.

Lastly. Only write vo in one of the 2 CAS or FRM so u keep the other vo for other coding .

Lmk if u need help

Reactions: aus335iguy

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
No all u have to do is het the correct production code For the car u qant to work with.. when I do M3GTS i use KG91 (Euro LHD). But if u want to b recongnized as 335is just go on real oem and select yr and model and u will see the prodcode. Just was ur oem one in the vo. (*WB73) was my oem and replaced that for (*KG91) vin remained the same. Just VO.

Lastly. Only write vo in one of the 2 CAS or FRM so u keep the other vo for other coding .

Lmk if u need help
For NCS coding and WINKFP flashing etc this is correct but is it the same for XHP ?

Reactions: Begood69

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
With xHP out now is the 335is vs M3 shifter and corresponding gear ratios still a concern?

Gear ratios, no... But you lose out on hardened axles, better diff (debatable), GWS, bigger gear display, etc... The pros are not doing months of hardware changes and customization on the parameters. :p

Milan

Sergeant
Dec 24, 2016
jebi se
Ride
your mom
Gear ratios, no... But you lose out on hardened axles, better diff (debatable), GWS, bigger gear display, etc... The pros are not doing months of hardware changes and customization on the parameters. :p

The axles and diff are moot for me because I am hoping to do the 8.8 swap with DSS axles. The problem is that the 8.8 can only go down to 3.08 ring and pinion, are you saying with xHP I can remedy that assuming I use the 335is shifter?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
The axles and diff are moot for me because I am hoping to do the 8.8 swap with DSS axles. The problem is that the 8.8 can only go down to 3.08 ring and pinion, are you saying with xHP I can remedy that assuming I use the 335is shifter?
XHP can flash a different ratio but you need a DCT VIN in your CAS corresponding to the calibration you want to do it. That is if you’re using M3 GWS you’ll need an M3 ViN

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
damn! Yeah you got it.
XHP can flash a different ratio but you need a DCT VIN in your CAS corresponding to the calibration you want to do it. That is if you’re using M3 GWS you’ll need an M3 ViN
This.

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
I been barely paying attention for a while....

Did you just say I can put an M3 VIN or M3 production code into the VO and use XHP to change my diff ratio and finally get it working properly with my M3 shifter and GTS flash?

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I been barely paying attention for a while....

Did you just say I can put an M3 VIN or M3 production code into the VO and use XHP to change my diff ratio and finally get it working properly with my M3 shifter and GTS flash?
A member here asked about a DCT converted car and the email came back fairly simply. Apparently XHP specifically reads the VIN from CAS to determine what to flash. Change that and you’re away.

Reactions: NoQuarter

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
A member here asked about a DCT converted car and the email came back fairly simply. Apparently XHP specifically reads the VIN from CAS to determine what to flash. Change that and you’re away.

Just what i wrote yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

Kevin Deng

Dec 28, 2020

Lmk if u need help
thanks。
yeah , I'm a e90 6at n54 pm71, If i change my vin to E92 N55 DCT or E89 Z4 N54 DCT , is that work properly with xhp ?
then i need to buy new licence for mhd (mhd reply me they will refund, when i bought new VIN licence ,then just tell them both of them )

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
thanks。
yeah , I'm a e90 6at n54 pm71, If i change my vin to E92 N55 DCT or E89 Z4 N54 DCT , is that work properly with xhp ?
then i need to buy new licence for mhd (mhd reply me they will refund, when i bought new VIN licence ,then just tell them both of them )
How about you try to read my comment? ;)