2008 E90 no boost, no power

Devlbmw

Lurker
Jun 3, 2020
Hey everyone hoping I can get some help here. I have a 2008 e90 that started by running low boost (12psi instead of 17) and would throw a cylinder 1 misfire at high rpm. Now there car has no power makes 2psi of boost and wont run right.
I have
Upgraded the ignition to precision raceworks coils
Uograded step 2 colder spark plugs
Replaced all 6 injectors with index 12
Replaced lpfp sensor
Cleaned maf sensor
Cleaned both vanos solenoids.
Replaced bank 1 upstream o2 sensor
Retuned.
Run a compression test
Boost leak test
Vaccum leak test.
BOV tests.
Im completely stumped at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can send a physical log to whoever wants it, I cant figure out how to post it.
The car has
2" hi-flo pure turbos
Injen intake
Vanguard exhaust
Evolution racewerks chargepipe and intercooler
Precision raceworks stage 2 fuel pump.
Custom mhd backend flashed tune.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-173326_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604-173326_JB4 Mobile.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 17

NoQuarter

Major
Nov 24, 2017
Indiana, USA
Ride
Z4 35is, 535xi, X5 35i
Did you see Vehicular DYI's YouTube video about how he had the same symptoms and replaced his battery and it fixed them?
Upload your logs to Datazap and post a link.

My battery story i tell is similar. My X5 had no signs of a weak battery- cranked strong, might even start. If it did start it would hardly idle.

Best we could do was run it long enough to put in neutral for the tow truck.

Diagnosis and fix.... charged the battery. Never had another problem after that.

Reactions: NoGuru

Devlbmw

Lurker
Jun 3, 2020
My battery story i tell is similar. My X5 had no signs of a weak battery- cranked strong, might even start. If it did start it would hardly idle.

Best we could do was run it long enough to put in neutral for the tow truck.

Diagnosis and fix.... charged the battery. Never had another problem after that.
I will try that! I replaced the battery way back in March but at this point I'm willing to try anything.

Devlbmw

Lurker
Jun 3, 2020
Solved!! The problem started when I lost both catalytic converters at the front of the car. The debris went and clogged the second set of catalytic converters. Some catless dps and pipes welded in place of the others the car runs great, spools much quicker and sounds great.